SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i just bought a klx250, and outgrew it, its my first street legal bike, but i plan on keeping it for the fuel economy, and considering i beat it up to much to sell it, and i think i would lose a ton of money..... so i am looking for a bike that has enough snot to pickup in all its gears, like a 450 or something, and good enough brakes to pull smooth endos......I can save up about $3000, i was thinking about used 450 dirtbike and throwing sumo wheels on it, but i live in nazi Germany [New York] and if fart to loud you get arrested, so that could be a bad idea.
What would you guys do if you were in my situation?
Thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've heard great things about it but never tried one myself so I'll let you read Bills thread on ADV and decide for yourself. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405545
Bill sounds like a knowlegeable and resonable guy, I'm sure you could email him for advice on the performance, reliability and cost. Sounds like a carb and exhaust upgrade are needed to maximize the results. Same with DRZ or any other big bore kit.

I have put a 440cc big bore and FCR carb on a DRZ 400 and MAN what a HUGE difference. Felt like KTM 450 afterward.
Definitly worth the effort and expense on the DRZ.
KLX bieng a lighter and more nible bike than the DRZ I can only imagine how much fun it would be with twice the HP of a stock bike.

For $1500 it might be worth a shot. Leaves you enough scratch for some 17" rims if you really want to go street with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts