SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hmmm parrellel twin sumo? Is this classified as a sumo? Doesnt look like much ground clearance...having said that Id rock it:D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks better than I thought it would when I saw the first sketches. When the 511 came out I fucking hated it looking at pictures, but seeing one, it has sort of grown on me. I suppose they're starting an evolution in styling and in 10 years every bike will look similar. Think about how all the MXers look similar now, sharp rad shrouds for example, yet MXers from 20 years ago look crap in comparison to todays (to me anyway). I think Husky (BMW) is trying to change styling for this decade.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It's not horrible, but it could use some work. As was mentioned, ground clearance seems lacking. I suppose that's not likely to change. Looks a little raked out to me, and the muffler looks like a fart can off a rice rocket or something. I'm having trouble looking past the wires running all over it, but I'm sure they're just for data collection on the test bike. Overall, it's not too bad. I'd call it more of a true sumo (from just looking anyway) than any of the other multi-cylinder bikes out there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm digging it! I like how small and compact it looks. Like you could really throw it around. Also, the profile and lines look better than the hypermotard in my opinion.

Also, I think it looks raked out because that one picit doesn't look like he is leaning, but he is. The rake looks similar to the sm610 which turns nice and tight but is smooth and is predictable.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I love it
Look at the side picture, this bike is the size of a 610...only with 900cc between your legs....can you imagine it ? :hmmm:

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
of course its lacking ground clearance, it isnt a motard, its a naked bike.

·
Registered
190 Posts
From the official site:

engine
900cc parallel twin cylinder engine
More than 100 hp
More than 100 Nm

:burnout:

Sounds good :D

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
From the official site:

engine
900cc parallel twin cylinder engine
More than 100 hp
More than 100 Nm

:burnout:

Sounds good :D
Ohlins back on the rear of the bike :clap: Fully adjustable front forks (not marzocchi though..)
Sounds great!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Looks like something still deep in the "developmental" stage. At least I hope so because it is god awful ugly. I just puked up in my mouth a little.:rolleyes2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts