SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Been a member on here since 08 but not very active, always wanted an SM but always worried i'd miss the power of a jap inline 4 bike. Well, i took the plunge on friday, traveled 650 miles in a van, taking 14 hours, and now have my beautiful KTM 690 SMC! Seriously can't believe i didn't make the move sooner, addicted is an understatement!

First mod will be to lower it, as being only around 5'9 doesn't make it all too comfortable when coming to a stop. if anyone can recommend a lowering kit then that would be great! I'll also cut some foam out of the seat soon but understand that there isn't an awful lot to play with. Can any decent gains be made from adjusting the shock?

Thanks all!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I do believe several options are out there, kouba link, lowering spring holder thingy for the rear shock. And of course you will need to lower the front exactly the same to keep the frame geometry intact. KTM may also make a lowering kit. The shock adjustment, pre-load adjuster I assume you meant, is not a way to adjust ride height but sag height. Nice bike BTW.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.