Registered
295 Posts
Sweet pix... Not bad for an old man!

Jk

Wish I could do that... Oh wait might be easier if I had a working bike :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
What Front caliper and rotor are you running?
Are you still using the stock front brake
Master cyl.?
Ive tried different fluid and pads and
The factory brembo smc calipers are not up
To par.....
Anyone running a front galfer rotor
With stock setup on an smc?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Have you thought about using the skid/engine guard from the Enduro?

Maybe it's the pics, but it looks like you have something zip-tied to pass as a catch....

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm using a 12mm Brembo MC,OEM is a 13mm and yes 1mm made it perfect.
Front caliper is a 4 piston billet beringer with race pads.
Front rotor is a cast iron beringer.
Brakes are one finger and allow great trail braking capability. They were taken off my 560 smr so it wasn't like I went out and bought these just for the 690,oem brakes are good on the 690 for must all purposes.
On my 560 I used a beringer MC as trail braking on kart track racing didn't come in to play,it was full brakes and on the gas,roadracing is more anticipation braking as corner speed is so important on a single.
What Front caliper and rotor are you running?
Are you still using the stock front brake
Master cyl.?
Ive tried different fluid and pads and
The factory brembo smc calipers are not up
To par.....
Anyone running a front galfer rotor
With stock setup on an smc?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm using the CF belly pan because I had it already, it has the oil absorbent foam on the inside, it passed tech with CMRA as a belly pan so I went with it, it is held on with zipties. No catch can anywhere on the bike and everything is safety wired. I like the you have if it came with the foam for oil leakage and didn't cost that much, I don't like how it covers up the front lower of the motor,insulates it from wind would cause it to run a little hotter. Our next race next weekend is in Texas and it will be 100 at the track. How much does that one cost??

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I'm using the CF belly pan because I had it already, it has the oil absorbent foam on the inside, it passed tech with CMRA as a belly pan so I went with it, it is held on with zipties. No catch can anywhere on the bike and everything is safety wired. I like the you have if it came with the foam for oil leakage and didn't cost that much, I don't like how it covers up the front lower of the motor,insulates it from wind would cause it to run a little hotter. Our next race next weekend is in Texas and it will be 100 at the track. How much does that one cost??
Here you go , BTW great pics !

http://www.ktm-parts.com/76503090044.html

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW, that's cheap, plus I get cost plus 10 at my dealer. If I get one I would cut away some of the front or drill some large holes to vent it some. I can adhere some of my oil sponge to it.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
That is very cheap for a good belly pan.... You may need to buy the bolt kit for it if it doesn't come with it... I got mine from my local Ktm store and it was about $50 with the bolt kit, so make sure you order that too when you order the sump guard

And it's real funny you should mention putting holes in it cos I've been drawing up cut out designs for mine these past few days :lol:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there any space between the skid plate and the motor on the bottom so I could use foam?? Like an Inch... Also is the mount on the rear anchored with bolts??
Have you thought about using the skid/engine guard from the Enduro?

Maybe it's the pics, but it looks like you have something zip-tied to pass as a catch....

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
there is room for foam maybe 3/4"?.... and the rear is held on by rubber bungs going into the frame then a plastic plug goes into that and is bolted to the bash plate too then you just tighten it from the underneath so it kinda clamps on lol

like this

if you want to see pics and stuff of it all before you buy, let me know and ill take a load of pics for you when i take it off to clean it later.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Part numbers............

KTM Parts #’s for Plastic Skid Plate

1. Skid plate. Part #765-03-090-044 $43.99

2. (2) Rubber Bushings. Part # 564-01-040-000 $9.98

3. (2) Shoulder Bolts M6X21. Part # 600-35-001-000 $5.98

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Forgot to ask, does this skid plate have any access holes?? I need one without any holes that oil can leak out of.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It does have them but it has rubber bungs inserted so you can choose to have them or not

1 - 20 of 22 Posts