SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a few more mods to the bike nothing major and also fitted the bike with a 15 tooth front sproket! I did a 15 minute ride around town (the bike was on engine setting 3) and it's amazing how fast and power this bike is now! I had a smile from start to finish!!! :D :bike: The bike should have came stock with a 15T front sprocket...wheelies are alot easier now and it moves up to higher speeds so much faster. Their is so much power now in every gear. I'm loving this bike now and suggest that everyone do this mod!!! I will be giving a update once I ride the bike with the engine setting to 2. I should have the euro brake light coming this week and will update the pics too! I'm dying for the black enduro skid plate to become available! :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Was the sprocket specific to the SMC or are they the same for all the LC4's? Also where did you get it? Link???

·
Registered
713 Posts
Did you get any sauce with those chicken strips?:laughingr:laughingr

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yea, I'd be interested in trying a 15T- Mine is just so great on the freeway, I would hate to loose that top end.
I put on the 15 tooth also, and it still has plenty of top end. Mine did 110 tapped, and 70 mph is around 5100 RPM. You definitely grab gears faster now.........lol. I ended up the the SunStar sprocket, it seems to be a nice lightweight piece, about 1/2 the weight of the stocker, not that it's a ton of weight to begin with.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
She looks good but you need to ditch the evaporative can.

I also added the 15 tooth but haven't even ridden it yet w/ the new additon.

Add an exhaust system and it should be pretty narly and wheelie like all the time which was the only thing drawing me towards the Husky 510 and the Ape.

They gear most street bikes too tall to pass the drive by noise test at a certain speed at a certain mph.

·
Registered
265 Posts
How about a part number and link? I'd like to order one!
Part number for the SunStar 15 tooth is 36015. That is the SunStar P#.
I got it from my KTM dealer, not sure of a link, but I am sure you could find one doing a search for SunStar sprockets or Sunnex.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The mirrors are from dual star and the sprocket I got it from Munn racing website. I just called and asked for the 690 smc 15t sprocket. Make sure they send you the one that is damped. I will be getting a full exhaust either from fmf or leo vince once they are available...can't justify spending over $2,000 for a Akra single full exhaust system. I will be adding a lot more to stuff to the bike once they become available! I'm planing on added alot more decals to the plastics. I did that to one sport bike I had and loved it...so I will be doing to this bike also. I will be fully modding this bike out from the inside out...once more parts are available!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I put a 15toth on my 690sm yesterday, transformed the bike and still got plenty of cruising speed. Sits at 135km/h at 6K RPM happily

·
Registered
376 Posts
What are the benefits of a damped sprocket? I just installed a normal sprocket and it works fine?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I rode around quite a bit w/ the 15 tooth yesterday. Although it's a little peppier around town it puts you right into the heavy vibration zone while cruising down the highway at 75-80mph which I really dislike.

I think I'll buy an aluminum 41 tooth rear sprocket to try and bring the RPMs down slightly to make the vibration more livable (and save some weight!).

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
*UPDATE*

I had also pulled the handguards off when I had changed sprockets.

Well I had a hunch so when I was home during lunch I re-installed the handguards and presto, the bad vibration was gone, even w/ the non-damped 15 tooth countershaft sprocket installed.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
*UPDATE*

I had also pulled the handguards off when I had changed sprockets.

Well I had a hunch so when I was home during lunch I re-installed the handguards and presto, the bad vibration was gone, even w/ the non-damped 15 tooth countershaft sprocket installed.
Funny you say that...

When I first got mine, I took about a 25 mile highway ride each way to the Katoom dealer to score some Cycra Pro Bend hand-guards and other little bits... I remember thinking "damn, this vibration in the grips is annoying".... (75-90 mph)

Now that the Cycras are on (along with a little softer set of grips), the buzz in the grips is gone!!! :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts