SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I finally made the decision to convert my desert 540 over to supermoto. I hope to eventually be able to do some track days but that is a little down the road. I have a plethora of canyons out my backyard where I hope to hone some skills and eventually take some track classes.
I am a camera bike for professional cycling and also tailgunner moto events across the country. This bike will be used for cycling criterium events on short race tracks. I run 5 cameras on the bikes for these events and i need a little more security for road other than DS tires on a bike that is set up for dirt.
I recently aquired a set of SM tubes (cut down for sm) and this warp nine setup. When I put the front tubes on I cringed because there is no speedo hookup but thats ok not worried just pulled the speedo cable. Then I put the rear tire on and the first thing I noticed is the rear rotor is much thicker than stock and is has a huge amount of drag from the pads on the rotor almost ridiculous. Is there an adjustment to releave this drag? I also noticed very little clearance on the chain to the tire. I do see a few threads here on this but some suggestions on drive train would be great (spockets size and make as well as chain make and size). I order from rocky mtn so something they sell would be awesome. I will try to upload some pics I have taken but dont see how to do that. Any help would be great. It will be my first time trying to do that here lets see how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts