SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Im from Sydney, Australia and looking to buy a motard bike for my L's, so the bike must be lams approved (bike approved to drive on L's). Do you guys have any options or opinions i've got around 6k AUD to spend and want a mean looking motard and obviously has to be quick and a head turner. I was looking at the BMW G450x and motarding it, a wr450f or a husky 511, let me know your thoughts.

Kind Regards :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Welcome to SMJ !!!

I have no clue what laws/regulations are like in kangaroo-land, but I've read that the WR450 is street legal in your neck of the woods. Most than a few members here can tell you that it would be a great choice. Fairly inexpensive, it is durable, and parts are easy to get. That would be my choice if it were legal here in Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to SMJ !!!

I have no clue what laws/regulations are like in kangaroo-land, but I've read that the WR450 is street legal in your neck of the woods. Most than a few members here can tell you that it would be a great choice. Fairly inexpensive, it is durable, and parts are easy to get. That would be my choice if it were legal here in Canada.
thanks bud, yeah I was looking at the wr450's and the crf450 but dunno what to choose ! both reliable bikes and both have the same power, what do you reckon

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I think I'd go with the WR, and not because I already have a Yamaha, just seems to be that more people are converting the WR450 than the CRF450...I'm not sure why, but maybe others know something I don't? Maybe it's better suited to street duty compared to the Honda? Ask around on the forum. Ask Crash, he'll tell you what's up with the WR450, since he has converted a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.