SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So awhile back i bent my stock handle bars, and replaced them with some tag metal ones. What a bi*ch, i drilled and cut and got them on. Any ways, when i crank the handlebars to the hard left, my throttle gets real tight, and my whole car moves up about half an inch, and it revs up to about 4000. NOT GOOD. So, i was thinking about taking everything off and trimming the ends some more, but then it hit me, The bars curve is to close, and my levers would be vertical.
It would appear i need new bars, does anyone know ones that will work first try, that only require minor drilling and cutting? Do you have custom handle bars on you klx250sf?
Thakns

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have renthal twinwalls on my bike and the work perfect . You just have to drill small holes in the bars for your throttle housing case and light/signal case. Your cable is to tight so when it turns away its pulling the throttle. Mess around with the tension bolt by your throtthle housing and try moving the housing lower if not you have to re-wire your throttle with a longer cable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah the place you bought it. i'd let them install it . take some pictures of the bars and ill see if i can help you solve it with out gettin a new cable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts