SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year I was offered the chance to purchase a 2006 KLX300r with about 10 hours for a price that I could not refuse. Not my first choice in a bike but it was too good to pass up. I have been looking for a set of SM wheels since my body cant do the dirt anymore. Locally there is a set of SM rims that were on a KLX450r for a good price. I compared the two's parts diagram and see some parts the same others different. Could anyone provide some insight if these work or are close to being able to work. I know the drive for the speedo is sometimes a factor in which i could care less if it functions on the KLX300. Thanks in advance

2009 KLX450R Front Hub Diagram
2006 KLX300R Front Hub Diagram

·
Registered
22 Posts
mate, I'm just going to copy-paste what I recommended to another user. A cross-post, if you will.

I have a suggestion which I used to get by for a while on the street, and I still run on my track bike (97 KDX200). Take your 21-inch font, and unlace the rim. Get yourself a spoke count, and call any bike wreckers. Then ask them for an 18-inch alloy rim with no hub or spokes (generally a rear off a dirtbike) to suit your spoke count. Get yourself a new set of spokes, and relace the rim you got with your original hub. A shop can do that for you if you aren't comfortable. Then, buy yourself a set of tires for an 18-inch rim, and off you go. Supermoto on the cheap. That's what I do anyway, although, you still gotta run tubes. But that's no issue. Just run that until you wanna dish out on a good set of rims. Hope this helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts