SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running AGM batteries in their bikes? My CRF battery has crapped out and I need to buy a replacement. Looking into the glass mat AGM batteries - hear they're better, more reliable.

I've found they range from $40-$110.. Any review on these? Does quality come with price? Which brand would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hear are some of the ones I've found:

- BikeMaster .............$50
- AdventurePower.......$40
- Yuasa.....................$115

Is the Yuasa worth the dough?

Don't wanna be here again. Nothing's more frustrating than a weak battery.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Most of us with batteries in our bikes run AGM batteries. Great thing is they don't leak and you can mount them in pretty much any orientation. They are lil more expensive though.

Going by your screen name, it sounds like you have an X model CRF? The battery that comes stock in there *is* an AGM battery. So you could just get the stocker (Yuasa) again.

You can find cheaper AGM batteries out there, but its always been hit or miss with me. Twice I've gotten burned with cheap chinese batteries that crap out real soon, whereas the more expensive Yuasas seem to last much longer.

I've heard decent things about the BikeMaster TruGel batteries, but I've never tried them myself. Guy on thumpertalk forum says the MG7Z-S is the one you want for the CRF450X

Don't you have a kickstart though? :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.