SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok new to forum and need some help and advice. I have been looking for my daughter a bike and some how today found a package deal and ended up with a CR85R. I got my daughter a XR100. I felt the deal was good enough I just took both. The CR is apparently a big wheel. I thought well I could ride some. I know very little about bikes and less about this one. Anything I should know about maintance. Not sure history should I do some things up front? Bike is in great shape. Should I consider selling or trading to get something more for fitting for me. Just looking for something to do some trail riding together as a family

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
You are gonna get alot more info if you post in the mini section:thumbup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ok new to forum and need some help and advice. I have been looking for my daughter a bike and some how today found a package deal and ended up with a CR85R. I got my daughter a XR100. I felt the deal was good enough I just took both. The CR is apparently a big wheel. I thought well I could ride some. I know very little about bikes and less about this one. Anything I should know about maintance. Not sure history should I do some things up front? Bike is in great shape. Should I consider selling or trading to get something more for fitting for me. Just looking for something to do some trail riding together as a family
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG try thumper Talk

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
thats a great bike. I love my cr 85. for maintnance they are just like any other two stroke.

Depending on how hard you ride you will need to replace the piston and rings. I go about 15 hours before I replace rings / piston but I rape my bike. You could probably just ride it for ever any not really have any problems with just chain lube, oil changes and filter cleaning.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The cr85 big wheel is a great bike. The only thing it should really need for a larger rider is a heavier rear spring.

As far as maintenance, all I had to do to my 1997 cr80 big wheel was a fork rebuild and a good clean. Everything else was great. Of course there's everything else I'm doing to it to make it race & street legal...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts