SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me if i need to run my slip on or can i just remove it and run my header only because here in new york people in the city can barely hear me and almost run me off the road because of it, but when i remove my slip on its sound perfect for me when my helmet is on lol. please respond.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
oh man... i thought you already were running the open header.:headscrat i say f-k the general public and give supermoto an awesome rap with the police:thumbup: why didnt i think of that????

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dirtyhucker, yes I've been running with it off but I want to be sure that its not going to hurt my motor, bike runs perfect otherwise, and I gotta tell you its much easier when people can hear me coming, they stay in there lane or you can see them looking for something behind them! Makes it easier to make my move around them, cause in manhattan its like a f..king war trying to commute around!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Damage or not depends on how long the header pipe is. If it's too short, fresh oxygen can enter the exhaust between pulses, mix with any unburnt fuel, and ignite = burnt exhaust valves. If the bike is running ok and not popping I would guess that you're alright, but I wouldn't do it to my bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats the story behind your screen name???
Its nothing personal, i originally had another screen name but i got banned for using foul language, (NoEzWa0ut55) so i couldnt think of anything at the time except for Apriliasuck, I went to the dealer by me (goldcoast motorsports) to purchase a new sxv550 which i think is a banging looking bike, it was my first choice, well anyways walked in with cash looking to negoitate a price on the 550, and the salesman said yes i got them i got like 15 of them but i refuse to sell them to you, Im like why, he says there not built well at all and if i sell it your most likely going be back in a couple of months complaining, so i walked out and did some more research on the bike and alot of people tell me there is much maintenance required with that bike, so a week or so later i had my 07 610... Not looking to insult the bike at all, if i was misinformed please respond,...:thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahahaha...yeah!!

ah if anything your bike would run super lean, i'd pull the header and run two pipes straight outta the motor, turn down under the bike and out to the side, right before the rear tire...:thumbup:
I actually thought about doing that, running a pipe directly off the header with an aggressive bend tucked under my tail over the tire and nicely slit on a angle like the exhaust tips on an aprilia 450/550, i think it would look sweet, but my exhuast guy (RJ's custom pipe) packed up and moved to north carolina, so im lookin for a shop now to do work to my car and bike...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts