SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an '07 Husky 510 and love it. Only problem is no cooling fans....NOt looking to over-heat if i hit some traffic leavin work. Read a little on the spal 4" fans and was wondering if anyones gone this route. Or if anyone has any other ideas/setups. Any pics. Any and all info will be very helpful.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i have deard of people using a fan off a computer.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
There's a few that have gone the spal route it's the correct want do it I feel being all weather sealed and automotive grade.

That's being sAid after I got caught in one of those lights in FL I decided to go that route spal 4" puller on my right radiator on my yz450.

Yes it helped but NO it will not keep the temps in check forever unfortunately only slow the rise in temp giving you a few more minutes in it's current configuration.

By that I mean the radiators in parallel as half the coolant bypasses the fan through the other radiator. So in this configuration you'd have to have 2 fans or convert your radiators from parallel to series then you could get away with one fan.

I'll be doing more testing on this soon but I'm hoping to be able to use just one radiator on these street 450 tards. Just like the wr250x's. Reason being we have plenty of airflow due to speed unlike some MX/SX or hairscrambles where air flow at times is minimal requiring maximum cooling when available. For this reason I feel the radiators are 200% or so too big for the street application. But this needs to be done with a proper fan setup such as the spal puller with thermoswitch to automatically controll it.

Z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts