SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just bought a 2010 SMR 510 with 4,500 miles on it. The guy i bought it from was the original owner and kept it pretty stock. He pulled the O2 sensor and chopped the stock dual arrow exhaust. I am not sure if he had it re-mapped but i dont think he has as there seems to be pour throttle response at idle when rev'd up. If you are sitting at a stop light and rip the throttle it will die. Top end power is all there but low end needs to be tuned.

I have done some research and they say to get a power commander V and Auto Tune. $550+ purchase.

I only want to map it once and be done but don't want to invest another 550 to do it. Are there any places or dealers in Wisconsin that do tuning for a reasonable price?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm sorta in the same boat as you, but my 450 bogs when I snap on it. Usually a 450 you can snap on it in first and the front will come up. Mine doesn't so that. I have a JD tuner and am trying to work with 113moto to figure some things out. As for places in Wisconsin, the only one I know is in Warrens.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You guys might want to split the cost on a ibeat
and share it
then you could rent it to other junkies
and start the first self sustaining Italian Husky survival group
The ibeat is the way to start
Long live the 450/501

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys might want to split the cost on a ibeat
and share it
then you could rent it to other junkies
and start the first self sustaining Italian Husky survival group
The ibeat is the way to start
Long live the 450/501
So mine does not have the actual O2 sensor, do I need the sensor to use the ibeats?

·
Registered
609 Posts
So mine does not have the actual O2 sensor, do I need the sensor to use the ibeats?
No you can use the ibeat with out the o2 sensor you will adjust the co1/co2/co3 in the power up mode
and proper-ally set the TPS
when mine runs lethargic the TPS is usually out of adjustment.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
No you can use the ibeat with out the o2 sensor you will adjust the co1/co2/co3 in the power up mode
and proper-ally set the TPS
when mine runs lethargic the TPS is usually out of adjustment.
Soo, have you 113moto test more this...Are there possible to adjust like pc v, like 5, 10, 15, 20 % prosent gas and every like every 500 rpms...
Are in that ibeat like about that pc v, or just those simple co1/c02/co3, that sound like soo narrow/limited adjustable

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I have a PC5 with auto tune for sale. PM me.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Soo, have you 113moto test more this...Are there possible to adjust like pc v, like 5, 10, 15, 20 % prosent gas and every like every 500 rpms...
Are in that ibeat like about that pc v, or just those simple co1/c02/co3, that sound like soo narrow/limited
adjustable
The ibeat will only let you set co1 co2 co3 I also use the jd tunner with a AFR ratio gage and it gives me plenty
of room for adjustments my bike is set up with the air fuel ratios right where I want them and I can make adjustments on the fly going down the road
but the pc-v is probably the mack daddy especially with spark control

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thanks for that info.
Ok, just like my Husky dealer once say to me, there is only those three section where to adjust in ibeat...
Of course that is better then nothing only when dealing in fullpower mode+powerup-kit.
PC v is more wider to control, that is the reason why it comes between that stock system...Soo "only" use to that ibeat would be get those fault codes to see??

·
Registered
609 Posts
[SUB][/SUB]
Thanks for that info.
Ok, just like my Husky dealer once say to me, there is only those three section where to adjust in ibeat...
Of course that is better then nothing only when dealing in fullpower mode+powerup-kit.
PC v is more wider to control, that is the reason why it comes between that stock system...Soo "only" use to that ibeat would be get those fault codes to see??
T beat will do a lot of things
give you how many hours on the motor
set the TPS
adjust fuel
gives you water temp
timming/manifold pressure/injector pulses/ much more
you can data log with it/ and check and remove fail codes
along with the jd tuner you have 9 set points
ad a AFR gage and you have the whole 9 yards you don't need a dyno
your bike becomes the dyno
ibeat
afr gage 150
jd tuner 200.00
$500.00 total new
PC-v with auto tune $550.00 plus dyno time
I have worked with PC-V and I seen a lot of dyno time
It is just my opinion I can do more with a ibeat afr gage and the jd tuner than I can
with the PC-v and in real time while I am riding
It really boils down to what ever works out for you is the best for you

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Yes yes, i see these two ideas is very good...That ibeat sound nice, some day i will also buy it, it comes some day handy. Thanks for telling what is show in the bike

I was having good time and deal, to get those PCV+autotune, me and my brother was bying also that same package, so that one was cost like 350euros=375dollars.
My brother was using hes pcv+autotune like 2 years about 12-13 000kms, that was working fine, i was also use like 2 year some 7500km, there is about half km driven that stock 501cc and 530cc kits+some exhaust, bike was working fine.
Then i was go my one dyno shop and run few runs and see that A/F maps, those was little poor and i was read at the time, if you use pcv+autotune you should drive as much you can to get good map in pcv, but what i was seen in there in dyno shop...No, no, no, after that, i would take my money that autotune and used that in dyno runs to get good maps.

As i was saying i was get lucky, i was going again the same dyno shop to run that 530cc kit to see reasult, then that dyno dude was sayin those A/F maps are worse, bike not working perfect, of course you can drive it etc. I was pay to that dude 50euros=54 dollars to get way better A/F map, now i have in my dyno paper that A/F ration pretty straight line, and bike work ever better, fuel ecenomy is great, throttle is faster/better responsible..

Also that your work is awesome, it is that hoppy and others want to doo that way. But i just want to say, soo many people are thinking that pc v+dyno adjust ie expensive, yes it is, but remember that, that dude makes your bike work way more better, also that pcv is import part in you bike, also it needs to work perfectly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts