SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think you have to splice the wires and connect them but I can't remember. Either way, it was a simple mod and well worth it if you ride off-road much. My kickstand would bounce on jumps and make the engine sputter before I disconnected mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You gotta disconnect it then get a piece of wire and either solder or put connectors on it and bridge the connector so u make a complete circuit .

·
Registered
49 Posts
unplug the sensor.
take a piece of wire and bend it in a U shape.
shove said piece of wire into terminals to complete the circuit.
wrap it well with electrical tape.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Remove seat, unbolt switch from mount near kickstand, follow wires up frame pulling wires out from under zip ties as you go up, then pull out green connector from space under seat and disconnect male from female connection plug. Cut wires at male plug a few inches down, strip insulation and solder together. Get a wire end cap, the thing that is threaded inside that you twist on to the two wires and makes a nice finished connection. Use electrical tape to insulate the wire and end cap. Plug the two green male and female back together and you're done. Bolt the seat on and no more kickstand worries.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Remove seat, unbolt switch from mount near kickstand, follow wires up frame pulling wires out from under zip ties as you go up, then pull out green connector from space under seat and disconnect male from female connection plug. Cut wires at male plug a few inches down, strip insulation and solder together. Get a wire end cap, the thing that is threaded inside that you twist on to the two wires and makes a nice finished connection. Use electrical tape to insulate the wire and end cap. Plug the two green male and female back together and you're done. Bolt the seat on and no more kickstand worries.
That's how I did it. Only I just put some heat shrink tubing and electrical tape on the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts