SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is just me or are the fees for racing the Canadian round on the excessive side?

And WTF is the CMA? Last thing I really want is another monthly crappy rag that gets tossed.

I'm going to their race, but I'd like it if we sent them the message as an organized group, that their fees need to address the visiting racer. I can see a add on fee of something in the area of $20 - $25, but $80 for them and another $40 for Nasmoto USA is pretty high.

Thoughts? What am I missing?

or ... does the CMA give peeler bar coupons?

P

·
0 Posts
I think this is one (of many) reasons why Ron and Kurt avoided AMA involvement.

How much do the SupermotoUSA licenses cost per year? I don't think that is where the insurance comes from on race day.

I don't think they can do much about the Canadian equivalent of the AMA, which is the big chunk of the extra $$$. My initial thought was that they could drop the $20 charge as a courtesy to those who are traveling. Then I realized that they are truly a startup and may not be in a position to do that and keep the momentum rolling. The $20 just sucks on top of the CMA ding. I don't think I will have to pay the $40 since I won't be trying to qualify for the Dual at the Docks.

The link Tyler provided made me understand better. I don't like it, but I understand it. Kurt and Ron can say better than anyone if it is likely the promoters are making any money off of this. My guess is that they are not, at least not at this point.

All that said, if there is ANYONE you can think of that WOULD go if they didn't have to carry all the associated costs themselves, I can probably offer a free ride and the free floor of my hotel room on Sat. if it helps. If Roger doesn't go on Saturday I could probably take two people, but I wouldn't carry the total burden for two people. I will have my rig dialed in to carry three bikes and three people by that weekend. I suppose I shouldn't be speaking for Roger if he has to share some of this! Roger? I intend to keep you OUT of the hotel room as long as possible Saturday night, and I don't think you will notice that anyone else is there by the time we get back to it! :cheers:

Speaking of hotel rooms... I better look into that!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I'm going to be doing the run up there first thing that sunday am. Declan's b-day is that day, but I've convinced him that we need to have his party on saturday.

Plus, he's excited to go to the race track on his birthday (we may bring cake for everyone to share to the track).

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'll most likely still go I was just breaking their balls.
I'm just so fucking sick of buying all these Canadian memberships, they stick us for the same deal @ the Numb Bum every year and unfortunately it's two different orgs so the $80 I paid in Feb doesn't count.

When I was younger and racing was the *only* thing I cared about I never worried about a gate fee here, a license fee there... Now I start to get grumpy when it my kids have to wear shoes with holes in them and skip a few meals so I can go racing. Ever notice how skinny they are?

-Tyler

P

·
0 Posts
Damn, they are gonna be naked when you start paying THEIR entry fees!

I am very glad to hear you are probably going to go. Who else are you dragging with you?

·
Registered
498 Posts
What's the deal w/ the classes up there?

I'm confused by the classes on the XBUX pre-reg form.

IE: They call one class "SMX 450" but the SMX class in the 2007 Nasmoto rulebook says:
http://www.nasmoto.com/blog/2007-AMA-NASMTO-Rules.pdf
"SMX Open: Pro or Expert rider, unlimited displacement single, or twin-cylinder machines with unlimited modifications except for mandatory wheel size of 16.5, 17 or 19 inches. No points or championship will be awarded for this class. Minimum age 16."

Also the KTM contingentcy form on the Xbux site does not refer to any 450 classes and the good money is paid in SMX Open.

WTF???

If this is true does anybody have a KTM 450 I can borrow for about and hour next Sunday? Ron? Kurt? Mark?

-Tyler

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
wmrra13 said:
Also the KTM contingentcy form on the Xbux site does not refer to any 450 classes and the good money is paid in SMX Open.

WTF???

If this is true does anybody have a KTM 450 I can borrow for about and hour next Sunday? Ron? Kurt? Mark?

-Tyler

I have a extra sticker that says "KTM SMR 450" on it if you need it for your side panel.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Tyler I just saw your post.

Anyhow, I'm registered to race in the +35, SM1 Open and Amateur Open class. If you're still looking for a ride in the SMX class and want a 450 to ride, then you are welcome to ride mine. But only if I get to see the tooth!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks Mark! I'll probably take you up on that but there's still some confusion about the SMX class size so I may be able to ride my own bike.

Cheers,
Tyler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts