SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just got a WR250X. I didn't like the graphics it came with so I stripped them off (which you can see in the first pic) but thought that looked too sterile. So I then added some custom "branding" (next pics). I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but I think it looks clean, a bit futuristic, and (unintendedly but still cool) kind of like a cop bike. My wife says it looks like a Japanese motorcycle ambulance, which is fine in my book :)

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I like it... i would recover the seat in all black and paint the heat shield on the muffler black... not a fan of the gray... but all around, i like it.. clean, simple, ready to tear some shit up

·
Registered
62 Posts
You've got a very clean, smooth look going.

The graphics are scaled down and look low-key, but the placement gives them an unexpected presence, especially considering the colour.

Throw a pic in Photoshop and black out the seat and muffler guard. I think the grey looks a bit soft for a motard, and the black may clean up the look yet add a certain edge to the look. This should go well with the graphics. Maybe smaller signals, and a tail kit next to further clean up the look.

Great start, totally like it.
:clap:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I actually have a Spiral step seat in solid black coming in a couple days which should help complete the look.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I like the white but dirt really likes to stick to it. I have the blue model and the white side pieces are almost brown now.

But then again lately I have been spending a lot of time in the dirt :drunk:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like how the grey of the seat works with the silver of the exhaust cover. Looks great.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i want one more and more every time i see one of these bikes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
New decals look dope! I have the same color - still trying to come up with ideas for a new kit.

Where'd you get your rim stripes? They look sick

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Here's some perspective on the black seat look and painted header cover.

My X used to be blue by the way.....Krylon Fusion rocks....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@rc23: Thanks. I actually bought the bike used with the rim stripes. The first owner did a great job on them, they are super straight. I imagine they are like any other rim tape, nothing special, so you can get them anywhere.

@Grendel336: Thanks for the pic, that's the exact seat (I believe) that should be arriving any time soon. Can't wait, need that extra inch for my 30" inseam (just installed a Yamalink + factory lowering too).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I dig it. I wish mine was that clean! It stays clean for all of 15 minutes after a wash... :bannana:

·
Registered
525 Posts
yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh superclean! :clap: :thumbup: :bannana:

Love it, +1 to the black seat and muffler guard (or just go and get an aftermarket pipe, maybe a yoshi pipe to match the red logos haha)
Get some white handguards and a tail-tidy and you're set!

the moment I first pick I thought "aw man, looks like shit - and it was one of the white ones too", but the graphics make it look waaay cooler than stock!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts