SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kind of funny that I’m JUST now starting up a thread lol….but better late than never right.
“Sumo” is really an understatement, as I really do EVERYTHING with my bike.
Equally; Sumo, Dirt, Sand, Snow… lol everything. As with anything, I can NEVER leave anything alone LOL. So in 2020 I purchased myself a brand new 2020 YZ450F.

First I started off with small mods, such as a FmF 4.1 pipe, A set of Warp 9’s and aftermarket lighting so I could ride at night. When The bike was N/A with A pipe, I tried out a Plethora of tunes via Yamaha PowerTuner App, while also trying out a bunch of different fuels. (T4, MR12, E85 ect). Shortly thereafter, is when the turbo build began. I have to say, I have learned ALOT with this project… or better yet about the Taboo nature of boosted single cylinders in general!

The pics below are of my MOST RECENT and THIRD turbo setup that I’m currently finishing up and should have running in the next few weeks or so. I have infact did two prior turbo setups on E85 on this same bike. The first one, in which I utilized a Garrett GT15 based turbo was short lived as my understanding of a properly sized turbo for an engine this size was significantly skewed! ( Turbo was Much, Much too small),

The second iteration incorporated a Ford Ecoboost Turbo which which very successful as I put 180hrs on the stock engine running in the range of 7lbs-14lbs of boost with really no issues to speak of! It was more-so a Proof of concept to see if it was really even worthwhile to invest time and money refining the setup. Even on low boost (6psi) there was a 35% gain in power! Not bad for a Soccer mom hauler Turbo! Lol

Admittedly I've ALWAYS been into cars. I’m actually building a 5000hp Streetable Truck at the moment. My YZ project was just a mere “side project” to hold me over, as my truck (my main project) involves a lot of money & time investment lol.
The setup below is my most recent turbo setup which I have taken time to refine the shortcomings previous setups. if you guys are interested, and want to follow along. I AM documenting my newest build over on my YouTube, and I also have a bunch of videos of me riding my last turbo setup on my YZ in various different settings (Sumo, Dirt, Sand ect)

Here are a few build details 👇🏼

-2021 YZ450F
-450cc Engine (Stock Bore) 13.8:1 Compression
-DWR CNC & O-Ringed Cylinder Head
- Webb Custom Turbo Cams
-WR450F Wide Ratio Transmission (REM finished)
-Garrett - Advancing Motion GBC-22-350 Turbo
-FuelTech FT550 ECU /w FT Dual Valve Boost Control
-FT WB02 Nano
-AEM Performance Electronics 245lph E85 RZR FP
-Turbosmart Turbo Oil pressure Regulator & BOV
-GM LS3 Corvette Ignition Coil
-Fuel Injector Development 77lb & 210lb injector
-Staged injection (Triggered by Boost psi)
-E85/M1 Fuel capable (setup to run both)
-KTM 390 Duke 46mm Drive By Wire TB conversion
-Fabricated 2600cc Intake plenum ”Air Capacitor”
-motogadget Re-Wired/w M-Unit Blue Smart PDM
-Lowdoller Motorsports 0-5v Sensors for Logging

Kind of funny that I’m JUST now starting up a thread lol….but better late than never right.
“Sumo” is really an understatement, as I really do EVERYTHING with my bike. Equally Sumo, Dirt, Sand, Snow… lol everything. As with anything, I can NEVER leave anything alone LOL. So in 2020 I purchased myself a brand new 2020 YZ450F. First I started off with small mods, such as a FmF 4.1 pipe, A set of Warp 9’s and aftermarket lighting so I could ride at night. When The bike was N/A with A pipe, I tried out a Plethora of tunes via Yamaha PowerTuner App, while also trying out a bunch of different fuels. (T4, MR12, E85 ect)

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts