SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The love of my life, a 1996 Buell.

Early last year I merely sought to bring it from near 100RWHP to squarely over with headwork along with some more chassis mods. Before people start calling bullshit it was already pretty highly modified with heads, cam, high compression pistons, flatslide, exhaust, intake, etc. A failing crank revealed itself and I was forced to do a complete bottom end rebuild using a newer model crankshaft. I finally got the money to do it this year thanks to the tax return, and while assembling the motor after many delays a damn $1.50 pushrod locknut in an unobtainable thread pitch split which has halted all progress. Here she lays until I make a new locknut:

Note the fancy engine stand.

Someday the motor will find itself back in there.

When it's done it will look something like this:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Damn that looks good, keep going and make sure to take plenty 'o pictures!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yeah thats darn sweet man, good luck! Stay sharp and stay at it. That'll be lots of fun and a dream to have done when you get to take it out for the first time.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
nice.
my neverending project is a Honda Hawk GT... i need to get back to her.. right after i finish my motard project.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure that little guy is definitely up to no good, better watch him close cuz somethin is goin down soon!
He's always up to no good. He likes to "help" by snagging my tools while I'm working and smacking 'em against expensive parts. It's ok until he gets a hold of a hammer. It's all good, though, cause the crazy little guy has me laughing all day long. He even likes to look at bikes with me online.
Yeah thats darn sweet man, good luck! Stay sharp and stay at it. That'll be lots of fun and a dream to have done when you get to take it out for the first time.
My aim initially was to shift the power up the rev range some, as it spun up a bit easily in slow corners. So, I did the work the first time around and it spun up easier still. The bike's a blast. Very different from other twins and multi's...all bottom end and midrange. Only part I hate is the break-in.
nice.
my neverending project is a Honda Hawk GT... i need to get back to her.. right after i finish my motard project.
I've rode a buddy's Hawk. It was an ex-racer and made around 60HP. Felt like a BMX bike compared to the Buell and had a very light-feeling front end. Sweet little bikes.

Thanks all :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts