·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
08 WR250X
5k miles

MODS AND SUCH
~fmf powercore exhaust
~fmf programmer (3/5.5/.5/8/4/4.5) (31 hp dyno tune, I got off of here somewhere) Works well i feel, any suggestions?
~Mamba lowering link
~k&n air filter (airbox mod)
~protaper Handelbars
~protaper risers
~protaper 47t rear Sprocket <--- I like it
~protaper 12t Front sprocket <--- A LOT !
~protaper Grips
~protaper Handguards
~new rear T (Battlax)
~new batt (tiny expensive one) WTF BATT?!?!
~new chain (520/ 110 link)(black)
~Cut front fender to match tail (made stencils off tail)
~plastic frabrication (skull headlight and block-off behind headlight fairing, made from chopped up Darth Vader mask!! )
~Brass knucks mini skid guard...lol awsome!
~hi temp grill paint for exhaust, heat shield, kick stand bracket, triple tree, pegs...
~Fusion plastic Paint (black)
~pinstripes and vinyl accents
~various Decals
~edge tail light system w/ spikes!
~smoked turn signals
~blue ground effect lights (came on bike, why blue? cant run them while riding. looks cool parked tho I rekon...)

Ok enough pish posh lets get to the pictures, enjoy and please comment. your critisim is welcomed!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPERMOTO FOR THE WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~RaPtOrMaN

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know where I can get oem plastics by the piece? Like if I need just tail or such?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dig that headlight!!!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all for your comments! Soon as the wifey lets me a new set of plastics and headlight is in order...leaning towards white.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I like everything except the headlight, "ground effects", and graphics. The black paint on the trips and exhaust look great.
+1

Thanks all for your comments! Soon as the wifey lets me a new set of plastics and headlight is in order...leaning towards white.
i think that will look great!...you don't see many white bikes out there and black has been done a million times over

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+1

i think that will look great!...you don't see many white bikes out there and black has been done a million times over
White and keep black stripe outlined in red pinstripes? Or red body, white stripe,black pinstripes? Or half and half gimmie some ideas want color combo that hasn't been done yet. Know red is useually "Honda" but there's red yahamas too! Been playing around making own graphics for the blue body for now. All metal Mulisha decals are off the bike now too. Will post pics of graphics in progress soon...

·
Registered
277 Posts
White and keep black stripe outlined in red pinstripes? Or red body, white stripe,black pinstripes? Or half and half gimmie some ideas want color combo that hasn't been done yet. Know red is useually "Honda" but there's red yahamas too! Been playing around making own graphics for the blue body for now. All metal Mulisha decals are off the bike now too. Will post pics of graphics in progress soon...
i would see if you can get some photos of the bike photoshopped first...would you keep that darth vader headlight black?...i feel like it has to be, i mean, would it look right white?...then there is also your seat cover which has blue on it, would you change the cover or paint the blue parts?...everyone has different tastes but myself i like to keep things simple, too many colors and decals and i feel like it takes away from the look of the bike but that's just me...i think it probably looks good right now with just the metal mulisha decals peeled off...i think a pearl white or off white would look pretty good...maybe even a tan or silver color (tan/silver may not look right with red though but black silver/tan and white would look cool i feel like or just tan/silver and black)...i just think anything different looks good...i know i double take on cars and bikes that are a color out of the norm...i would say add in 2 colors tops though...you have to figure you already have silver and black on the bike parts so by adding in white and red you're only adding 2 so it won't get too busy...either way judging by the way the bike looks now i'm sure it will come out good...can't wait to see what you do

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i would see if you can get some photos of the bike photoshopped first...would you keep that darth vader headlight black?...i feel like it has to be, i mean, would it look right white?...then there is also your seat cover which has blue on it, would you change the cover or paint the blue parts?...everyone has different tastes but myself i like to keep things simple, too many colors and decals and i feel like it takes away from the look of the bike but that's just me...i think it probably looks good right now with just the metal mulisha decals peeled off...i think a pearl white or off white would look pretty good...maybe even a tan or silver color (tan/silver may not look right with red though but black silver/tan and white would look cool i feel like or just tan/silver and black)...i just think anything different looks good...i know i double take on cars and bikes that are a color out of the norm...i would say add in 2 colors tops though...you have to figure you already have silver and black on the bike parts so by adding in white and red you're only adding 2 so it won't get too busy...either way judging by the way the bike looks now i'm sure it will come out good...can't wait to see what you do

Pearl white, (gray,graphite) Yamaha logo on tank shrouds more forward, down and cut away than black ones I have now... And Leave it at that... Headlight, vader will be coming out, it's been driving me nuts, the light won't stay clipped in on top and keeps pointing at the trees...paint stock for now untill I can replace the headlight with a cleaner one that not a ugly square brick of light....wtf Yamaha???? And plan on re wrapping seat in black...untill I get my hands on that step seat...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts