SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer was able to order a mid pipe off a TE for me to make my FMF exhaust a little more stock. We had just cut the stock dual system off and slipped the FMF over it. With the TE mid pipe the install for my single exhaust should look stock! Hope it fits. Looks as if it will.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I haven't been keeping up with the new Husky dual set-ups. Why are people changing over to singles? Racing, I can see a weight advantage, but for street play I don't get it.

I think the duals look great:headscrat

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just personal preference I guess, and cost, plus weight? I think a sumo/dirtbike should have only one exhaust, personal preference I guess. Plus, the FMF was about $400 in titanium and I paid $126 for the mid pipe. Whats the Leo system, like $1200? The stock headers are very good on the SMR, so a full system isn't really needed. Plus I like how loud a single is!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Thanks Tee Dub. I can see your point. I've seen several of the new Husky's converting, so I was just curious:D

Case in point on duel costs. There's an SMC 625 just listed for sale with a full Akro. Holy cow, that's like over 2 grand I think.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plus, god forbid, if you crash you don't have to buy two cans! If it falls on the other side you don't have to buy any cans!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Also, if you change the in-out orientation of the exhaust it has an effect on power characteristics. That's why you see race systems for 4 cylinders that can be 4-into-2-into-1, 4-into-2, 4-2-1-2, etc. If the original set-up was a true 2-into-2, going to a 2-into-1 would give slightly better low-mid range. If it was originally a 2-1-2 (like the last gen 510) it might not have an effect on power at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts