SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 XT225! I just picked it up last night for my girlfriend :thumbup:
Pine Barrens here we come! She is super excited, we plan on doing some camping and dual sport rides. I have my X for these duties :bike:

·
Registered
135 Posts
MSR Fuel bottle it holds and additional 33oz's for the "Oh Shit" I am in the woods and need gas :lol:
That is fn smart as hell. A new use for the fuel bottle when your not camping. Is is attached just by the hose clamps???:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BMW has there emission canister there, take that off and it is a perfect fit. You could def. use hose clamps though, these are the same things with rubber on the inside like an exhaust hanger.

That is fn smart as hell. A new use for the fuel bottle when your not camping. Is is attached just by the hose clamps???:thumbup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Fuel bottle

Thanks jolly,I also think you can get hoseclamps with rubber on them at a Hardware Store(freshwater/wastewater pipe couplings). It beats pushin the bike back to civilization.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plus 100 on that one :thumbup:

Thanks jolly,I also think you can get hoseclamps with rubber on them at a Hardware Store(freshwater/wastewater pipe couplings). It beats pushin the bike back to civilization.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Damned cool, I've wanted to do something like that for the DRZ since I got it (80 mile range FTW).

Only thing I'd be worried about is a crash.. y'know, lay it down on that side and the whole bike is now on a sliding cylinder full of fuel haha.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the comments. The X is a great bike, I really like it BUT rumor has it that it is not as fast as the new 690 E, oh well I guess the 3 year standard warrranty will make up that :lol:

NOW onto the super powerful XT. It gets like 80-100 miles per gallon :bike:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are some pics from our first weekend out on the super powerful XT :lol:

My girlfriend did awesome, it is only her 5-7 time riding and in a foot of dry sand it can get tricky.

New Bike

New Rider

New Rider Down :lol:

Cruising along...

Me messing around the TTR :D

Time to head home after 4 hours in the sun and heat!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
MSR Fuel bottle it holds and additional 33oz's for the "Oh Shit" I am in the woods and need gas :lol:
sweet idea, and nice mount up there jolly.

when i run out of gas I'm not in the middle of nowhere, so i've got a zip lock back and a vent hose for bumming gas. I've already used it to save a couple stranded riders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts