SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided to not wait for Yamaha to bring in the OEM accessories and so I made a template and a buddy of mine punched out a few of them for me in varying thicknesses out of stainless steel.

I'll post of pics tonight. I really like to look of it. I think, however, to be different I may just add a couple of touches to it.

I even made an access to the oil drain.

I think you guys may like it. I've still got at least 4 more of these. Of course, they are flat and you will have to contour them yourself. But, that is what I like.....working on my own stuff. Plus, I'm a cheap ass.:laughingr:laughingr

Jose

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well, I've decided to not wait for Yamaha to bring in the OEM accessories and so I made a template and a buddy of mine punched out a few of them for me in varying thicknesses out of stainless steel.

I'll post of pics tonight. I really like to look of it. I think, however, to be different I may just add a couple of touches to it.

I even made an access to the oil drain.

I think you guys may like it. I've still got at least 4 more of these. Of course, they are flat and you will have to contour them yourself. But, that is what I like.....working on my own stuff. Plus, I'm a cheap ass.:laughingr:laughingr

Jose
Once you get pics up......I may take one depending how it looks and if you will sell one.......:thumbup: I was actually sizing mine up the other day for one.........Unfortunatly my carbon fiber I have laying around doesnt bend.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pictures

Here are the first two pics.. Again, this isn't perfect as I just made a template from cardboard. Heck, it's better than nothing and it's stainless.

Jose

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here you can see where it stops and how many I've got. The thickness varies as these where made from leftover metal.

Jose

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one on my bike is a little bit off on the oil drain location. I figure I'll dremel it out a bit. But I think it's a keeper. I'm thinking that I could get a small set of dimple dies and it would make it not only stronger, but look better.

Anyhow, enjoy.

·
Registered
351 Posts
That looks pretty good el pacobeagle. I like it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, was bored at work one day and well.....you know what happened.

Still think it could be better with more work. Basically, it was a cut and paste deal. With a little more time and patience...it would look great.

You know, take the sides and curve them around the frame a bit. Maybe make some designs on the bottom. More importantly, get the location of the oil drain right. SIGH.

But, at least it's protected

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks, was bored at work one day and well.....you know what happened.

Still think it could be better with more work. Basically, it was a cut and paste deal. With a little more time and patience...it would look great.

You know, take the sides and curve them around the frame a bit. Maybe make some designs on the bottom. More importantly, get the location of the oil drain right. SIGH.

But, at least it's protected
Hey man, you can't beat FREE. Kinda like my carbon fiber chain guard. COst nothing but time.:thumbup:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mil, do you work at world-motosports?
I work @ world electronics. World motorsports is in our building. My boy runs it. I used to be on the race team but couldnt handle the rigerous schedule and work here 40 hrs a week, so now I just build circuit boards. I try to represent world motorsports whenever I can though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I work @ world electronics. World motorsports is in our building. My boy runs it. I used to be on the race team but couldnt handle the rigerous schedule and work here 40 hrs a week, so now I just build circuit boards. I try to represent world motorsports whenever I can though.
It always good when you can keep it in the family. I sometimes wish my daughter wouldn't be so active in sports (4 sports for a total of 8 teams that she plays on) so we would have more time to ride together. She sold her dirtbike last year, but then again she 12 now, so she has some time to get back in to it. My wife isn't very fond of her style of riding though, only one speed. :burnout:But even so, she supports her to ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts