SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I thought I would share with you some pics and video of the new Husky. For those of you in the know, this bike is impossible to get here in the States. I can tell you, compared to my excellent 2013 KTM 450 SMR, this new Husky is 13 lbs lighter, turns a little better, transitions side-to-side a little easier and has a little more kick down low and more top end.

Short video @ Adams Motorsports Park breaking in the bike --> https://vimeo.com/157946491

Attachments

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts. Especially compaired to your KTM.
I currently enjoy my 2004 converted SX 525. (I'm not convinced I'd be any faster on a new bike....)

In my mind, it's a shame the new Husky is not a 6 speed. How is the 5 speed on the track?
At first I figured it would have been too big a job for the factory to make a 6 speed for the new engine, but I now believe there is one in the 250 XCF (?). Might not be up to the torque of the 450.

There are only a few in OZ. I'm trying to justify (not that hard) buying one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What strings did you pull to get the track to yourself? I want to do a track day but the organisers won't allow you without a set of race leathers:rolleyes: Not really necessary for a newbie, especially on a sumo. I use textile trousers (sorry pants) for the road and they are like space trousers, there is no way they would wear through. Congratulations on the new KT...um I mean Husky:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts