SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Apollo for cross town commuting and to relieve the boredom of my FJR1300 daily driver.
The good:
-$1750 delivered
-93 mpg
-decent looks
-good brakes
-decent handling
The bad:
-paltry engine power (15hp)
-had re glue graphics
-fuel line & filter
Other:
curb weight 300lb (fully fueled 2.1g.)
wheelbase 55.5"
top speed 60-65mph

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Dude, that thing looks good. Clean up the ginormous tail light / tag holder setup a bit, and it's done. Are those wheels tubeless?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It does look cool.
Might be a good trainer, I'm thinking a good learning bike for the wife.
It's definitely the right price.
I'm sure you could do some power ups somehow.
Is it FI?
Where did you find it?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Gawd dang. For that price and those looks, I'd gladly beat the shit out of it.

Keep us updated on how reliable it is! :clap:

EDIT: I just looked at it closer. I'd have to do something with the front fender and the headlight (and license plate bracket obviously). Other than that it looks pretty baidayse.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the wheels are tubeless. I added the tag holder, extra reflectors and rim tape. I'd hate to get run over by a Burgman. I also ditched the ugly chain guard.

What torque there is, is down low. If you count to 2 you're shifting too late. Apparently the pushrod air cooled motor won't tolerate much abuse (popping wheelies will cause things to break.) They do make a version with a Honda Unicam copy engine rated at 21hp called an Apollo Orion ZX250 pro Supermoto. In the same frame.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks awesome, If the engine blows you could do an engine swap with a 450 or a 250 smoker and you could still come out way cheaper than a new wr250x or DRZ :hmmm:
Until then, enjoy beating the living sh*t out of it :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Yeah, the wheels are tubeless.
So for $1700, you got tubeless wheels. For $5,000 I got non tubeless spokes. The same shit that help up pre-historic wagons. Way to be on top of shit Suzuki. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
So for $1700, you got tubeless wheels. For $5,000 I got non tubeless spokes. The same shit that help up pre-historic wagons. Way to be on top of shit Suzuki. :rofl:
don't think it'll be too hard to ding or bend those wheels from the looks of it. the fact the whole bike only runs 1700$ means they had to cut some corners somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
don't think it'll be too hard to ding or bend those wheels from the looks of it. the fact the whole bike only runs 1700$ means they had to cut some corners somewhere.
Oh I know, I was just joking because of the issues I've had with tubes, and with the ghetto tubeless mod. Those that know the full story will laugh their ass off. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks rad as hell. Hey where can i get rim tape? Been looking.
The rim tape is just 1/4" pinstripe tape from your local auto parts store. Clean rims, wash with soap & water. You'll get it.

Oh, the throttle tube broke where the cable fits. I replaced it with a Husky part that I had to trim a little. Single cable only, no safety return cable.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does 15HP and 300b scare anyone else as much as me?

Just my humble opinion - but I wouldn't want to be in traffic on one of those....or on a highway doing over 60mph lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts