SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm starting to get better at fitting cast wheels on MX bikes.
After doing Katana Wheels on my YZ, and GS wheels on a DR, a buddy wanted some Honda wheels on his KX500...hey why not?

(Yes, there's no chain on it, he still has some work to do on his end... I'm just the wheel man)

·
Registered
759 Posts
I would have put a different more updated front end on it while I was at it, wont have to do axles and bearings twice.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
looks damn cool in an early 90's sort of way! love the neon green.
when you change the purple and graphics, they can look pretty modern..

i just had to come back in the thread to look at it again. i want to ride it. lol. :thumbup:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy I did the wheels for owns a bike shop

WEST SIDE CYCLES
1645 Dewey Avenue
Rochester, NY
585-719-9840

(Shameless Plug)

He's planning on putting all new bodywork and graphics on it in the newer KX green, he's not a big fan of the purple, and neither am I. Though it would be cool to be retro.

Cool retro, not that odd time when a mullet sporting Mike LaRocco had pink and lime green riding gear (what dark days those were)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
that's pretty sharp.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
line starts behind me. :lol::thumbup:

(yes im back looking at it again...)
i think if i wasbuilding that KX... id go with a white and green theme...

Yikes MrDude.... I may have to get a restraining order!:laughingr

I think he going to go Green and black with it. I'll get some pics of it when he's done with his portion...which could be a while!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Gimme dat! ;)

·
Registered
797 Posts
suhweet

i can smell the blendzall now!!! Nice machine work there, that bike will rock the track!

·
Registered
53 Posts
HULK SEZ SMASH! :boxing: I didn't know yall did theme bikes :laughingr

still bad ass none the less:bike:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
So,..The rumors ARE true !!!!

I can't believe you two ACTUALY built this death machine !!!! Let me know when your bringing it out to the track. I'll get the hospital and local fire dept. on standby for Jonnie and his locks !!!!:bike:

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Here's my '98 after I finished it.....I used a late model KX 250 rear fender and did some trimming....thought you might like some Idea's....:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts