SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for sharing, impressive !
Hum ...65 Hp ? there is 2 missing...

Please tell us more when you got the Magnum dyno !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Installed GRP slip on left baffle on pipe as it made more power had to re drill baffle....install the Magnum tuner ....piece of crap...no gains lost 2hp ..took off air box lid and filter back to 65hp and 5lbs more torque ...but went lean ..so doing air box delete and power commander 5 ...with adjustable timing ...should see a solid 70-72 hp and 56lbs torque ... and more over rev ..will keep everyone posted

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It was 65 to the wheels ...they list at 67 at crankshaft out put so a loss of 2hp not bad ...just installed power commander 5 from a 2015 KTM model 690 smc and re-wired to allow me to use the PC5 controller for fuel and ignition adjustments . I down loaded a base map for now very impressed by seat feel very responsive already can not wait to tune...

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
It was 65 to the wheels ...they list at 67 at crankshaft out put so a loss of 2hp not bad ...just installed power commander 5 from a 2015 KTM model 690 smc and re-wired to allow me to use the PC5 controller for fuel and ignition adjustments . I down loaded a base map for now very impressed by seat feel very responsive already can not wait to tune...
Not only do Dynos read differently and air density introduces another variable, there are 3 HP numbers commonly quoted:

Rear wheel HP (the only one that matters - oil your chain and pump up your tire)
Crank HP (hard to measure/verify, but obviously a bigger number)
Brochure HP (Crank HP corrected for optimism and sales success. The biggest number - see "hard to measure/verify")

:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello 701guru,

This is coming more and more interesting !

Thank you for the feedback on the Magnum tuner.

I suspected 2015 ktm power commander to be compatible with 701...

Will you use "auto tune" or make your own map on the dyno ?

In both cases you will be able to provide good mapping ...

...And maybe a little help when I 'll install mine...:D...
(I've allready installed and used a PC5 on my 510... Quite simple... )

This is more scheduled for september for me... This will give you more time to improve your tuning ! :lol:

Thanks again ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello 701guru,

This is coming more and more interesting !

Thank you for the feedback on the Magnum tuner.

I suspected 2015 ktm power commander to be compatible with 701...

Will you use "auto tune" or make your own map on the dyno ?

In both cases you will be able to provide good mapping ...

...And maybe a little help when I 'll install mine...:D...
(I've allready installed and used a PC5 on my 510... Quite simple... )

This is more scheduled for september for me... This will give you more time to improve your tuning ! :lol:

Thanks again ! :thumbup:
I will put some pictures up tonight my other computer kept kicking me off ...no worries already have the pc5 wiring schematic to fit the 701 it's easy and I will be tunning without auto tune so I can do a lot of timing adjustments then add fuel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very interested by the pc5 on mine.. Have the Wing slip on and now want the evo1 airbox lid but don't want to run the bike lean.. Think the PC is the only option as Husky don't seem very forthcoming with maps :rolleyes:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Any news on when Dynojet will be releasing the PC5 for the 701? I don't mind getting the '15 690 SMC version and redoing the wiring, but would rather not have to worry about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Won't be long mine has been used for development now.. I will ask them, the DynoJet guy said polarity on the injector was diffrent to the 690 but also injector cycle and duration timing. He had to change something in the software to correct this, development software not something Joe blogs can do..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Won't be long mine has been used for development now.. I will ask them, the DynoJet guy said polarity on the injector was diffrent to the 690 but also injector cycle and duration timing. He had to change something in the software to correct this, development software not something Joe blogs can do..
Looking forward to hearing their response! If worst comes to worst, I don't mind messing around with software, that's what I do for work anyways :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looking forward to hearing their response! If worst comes to worst, I don't mind messing around with software, that's what I do for work anyways :D

OK so here are the graphs, power and torque, stock vs PC, Wings exhaust, Evo1 airbox lid.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Those low-end gains are impressive! Plus your mods mirror mine so it's nice to see what I should expect after I tune mine as well :bannana:.

For your Wings exhaust, were these runs done with one of the baffles installed or not? My game plan is to run the PC5 Map Selector with 2 maps, one daily map with large baffle and a "race" mode with no baffle plus more aggressive power curve (if possible).

Engine mods:
1. Wings Exhaust
2. EVO airbox lid
3. DNC filter (R-KT6SM16-0R) - I'm expecting to pick up a little more power on the top end here
4. Canister Removed
5. (Future) KTM EVO cam

·
Registered
119 Posts
They were all done without any baffle, I thought about a map with the baffle in for track days etc but I forgot to take them with me :(
Good to know, now I know what to expect!

You ride your bike on the street with no baffle? I took mine out for a bit and it was incredibly loud!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do you have any numbers with the just the Wings, without the open airbox lid?

The main question is: are those gains in the graph due to Wings, airbox, or just to proper mapping? I suspect since stock is severely lean in low/mid, most of those gains can be realized with just PCV.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts