SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a few shitty pics when I first picked it up, and havent even seen it since then, been so busy with work. Here's some better shots of the bike, a few trouble areas I need to work on, and some of the goodies I got with it.

KTM/Braking 320 rotor.

Here's all the manuals and spare parts catalogs, info on the GPR damper, and the sweet KTM travel puch tingy it came in.

Enduro Engineering slave cylinder guard.

The night I picked up the bike, I had a problem with the kickstand. I hoped it was just loose bolts, but it wasn't. You can't really see, but where the kickstand stop is welded to the frame is snapped off, and someone already tried to reweld it, and did a shit job. Hopefully my fabricator friend can fix it, or I'm gonna be looking for alot of shit to lean this puppy against.

ProBend barkbusters with handguards, and sliders on the edge. SWEET!!

The headlight/blinker setup for the Trick Dualsport lighting setup (the weakest headlight I've ever seen. Gonna hafta do something about that, hoping I can slap a brighter bulb in there, or maybe even an HID setup. Anyone know if that's possible??)

Som kind of nifty catch can setup routed along the swinger and Enduro Engineering exhast guard.

KTM Hard Parts BEHR rims front and rear wheels with Pilot Powers (rear is toast)

Trick Dual Sport lighting setup on top of the factory speedo jobber. GPR V2 damper (methinks it needs a rebuild. Anyone know if its a do-it-yourelf or if I have to send it in? And BONZ handguard mounts in fancy-shmansy KTM orange.

Enduro Engineering soft seat.(super comfy)

Stock front rotor, will be replaced with Braking setup as soon as I recieve the caliper relocater from another member here.

So, Whaddya think???

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sick bike dood, congrats on it. You dont need a kick stand, just do like how we all did with out bicycles.... Roll up to your location and dump the fucker over... Just not behind your dads car, so he can run it over, make you cut lawns to pay for the repair bill the bike did to the shitty minivan bumper so you can learn a lesson on "real life" :bs:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sweet ride. I had to go look in my garage, I thought mine was gone! I've got the same crappy headlight, awesome seat, similiar handguards, same rims, and mines a '05 exc525 also. I love that damn thing. I'll keep an eye on this thread, if you find a better solution for that headlight I'm copying it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Curt, you have any tips on stuff to look out for on these motors? Haven't really heard much besides they're great wit maintenance, but tought id ask an actual owner of one.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thanks guys. Curt, you have any tips on stuff to look out for on these motors? Haven't really heard much besides they're great wit maintenance, but tought id ask an actual owner of one.
I've never had any issues with the motor. Change oil and adjust the valves regularly and that's about it. (of course mine will blowup now that I've said that) I've got an 04 exc525 also that I bought new, been beating it into the dirt ever since. Same with that motor, always runs good.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dude I bought it off of also has the stock rims with dirt tires and another stock sprocket on them for sale. Everything is literally BRAND NEW! never used, rolled home on them, and the bike was switched over to SuMo. How much do you think they are worth? Not even sure if I'm gonna ever use them, but if I can get them for a good price, I might as well pick them up.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Damn Matty, that thing is :pimp: lots of nice stuff on there. I still think that's the best street tard on the planet if you ask me. I'll have one someday.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I knew it! :lol::rofl::thumbup:
:lol: Nothing I haven't said many times on here since learning more about the KTM's. If both are being ridden hard, and maintained properly, oil changes are the same as the DRZ. The only extra maintenance is the valves, which are super easy being lock nut and tappet. I'd make that trade any day. A valve job for me is at least two hours, I just have to do them less often. I still love the DRZ, and I'm still glad I bought is as my only bike, but someday.........:D

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
sweet bike, thanks for posting, loved the pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very nice!!! I have an 07 exc 450 that's lived it whole life on dirt. Just gotfirst set of sumo wheels yesterday but haven't mounted em yet.

These rfs motors Are awsome!!!! As everyone else has said oil changes and valve checks are the keys. Clean airfilters are also crutial but I don't think it'll get nearly as dirty on the street.

This was my first 4 storke so no other bikes to compare to but valve checks really aren't that bad
F*** 2 HOURS! HOULDNT TAKE MORE THAN 30 MINS! Check out travis from thumper racings rfs valve check vid on youtube. Ill post a link if anyone can't find it

·
Registered
446 Posts
BMW makes a slick feeler guage that has a finger loop in one end and and the perfect prebend for the RFS valves. I want to say it was $15 at the local BMW bike shop, I bought two.
It's a lot quicker and easier to use than the old swiss army knife style gauges.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Nice bike....i saw that listed on Craigslist. Looks like you got a killer deal on it:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
F*** 2 HOURS! HOULDNT TAKE MORE THAN 30 MINS! Check out travis from thumper racings rfs valve check vid on youtube. Ill post a link if anyone can't find it
He was talking about his DRZ. Sweet Katoom btw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts