SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yea really. This is outside of Bloomington, IL on some back roads. There tons of residential/highway riding available but if i'm gonna be doing this i'd rather be out where there is no cars haha.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey Bloomington. I'm down in Decatur. I've never seen anyone use the clutch to shift while on the back wheel and it doesn't even appear you are at balance point while doing it. Not sure how you manage that. I would think it would drop as soon as you pull the clutch. May just be camera angle though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Bloomington. I'm down in Decatur. I've never seen anyone use the clutch to shift while on the back wheel and it doesn't even appear you are at balance point while doing it. Not sure how you manage that. I would think it would drop as soon as you pull the clutch. May just be camera angle though.
I was telling him the same thing on youtube, nice clutchwork my friend ! :bannana:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha yea I dont know I guess it's just what is comfortable. usually i get as close as possible the balance point when i shift and then come down a little. i have a yz125 free ride video and you can see i do it there too. i guess it's just what i am used to haha. do people not normally use the clutch when they shift? .. i've never really put much thought into it..

·
Registered
492 Posts
I use the clutch most of the time except wheelies. I'm still working on the shift while the wheels in the air, but I just power shift no clutch. whatever works for you. I wasn't saying it was wrong just never seen anyone use that technique

·
Registered
81 Posts
I always use the clutch too. It's not that hard to get used to, you just sort of "toss" it a little before you shift and then catch it in the next gear

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
No glove and no hand guards makes me squeamish.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i usually always wear gloves but i intended for it to be a more "casual" ride so i didn't wear them. it just so hard not the bring the front wheel up when i'm out riding around haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
I always use the clutch too. It's not that hard to get used to, you just sort of "toss" it a little before you shift and then catch it in the next gear
hmph ! No one tosses a bike !

:rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts