SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'll be building my 450 into a motard and I'll be sure to keep you guys upto date with whats going on it.

I have a brand new 2008 CRF450X

I'll be bringing it to South Dakota with me this weekend to start installing some parts I have ordered. More to come soon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
subscribed....hopefully im goin to buy a crf450 in a lil bit...i have to check around for some stock clutch kits for the bike because the guy have an auto clutch on it :damn:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picking up my bike tomorrow and my rims, still waiting on my street legal kit to come in. Then its time to get some tires.

Today I had the privilege of riding my buddies CRF450R with 17" rims and tires he just got on... All I have to say is.... I'm going to get in a lot of trouble. That bike was so much fun!

Can't wait to get mine done.

Updates on rims and tires coming this upcoming week.:clap:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Check out these goodies I just got :D

I heard rumors of the hubs being "Pink" but I can officially say they are red and BAD ASS!

Here's the pic.

Time for me to order some tires and get these bad boys on the bike.
I hope to have my street legal kit in, in a week or two.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news, I should have my Tires and Speedo in tomorrow. I hope to get the tires on my rims tomorrow so I can get my tires on, on Wednesday. I will keep you all informed!:bannana:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Progress so far.

Getting ready for the tear down. Rim are in the background with tires on them.

Tear down time!

Finally got the rear tire on! Waiting for my new axle for the front, found out for the X you need and 450R front axle because it has more flange to compensate for no odometer.

Where she sits now.

More to come soon!

:D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got my wiring kit in, Got smoked flush turn signals and rear brake light and the whole shibang.
After reading everything about getting the DST kit and how much of a pain in the ass it is.

I still decided to go with it, because it really is the best kit you can get. It has everything I wanted and it looks great.

Here's how the bike sits now.

New rear brake light installed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got a little more done today. Slowly getting there!

Horn and Hi-Beam Indicator.

Smoked Turn signals installed.

The Rear fender, showing the new brake light, license plate holder, and turn signals.

Wednesday I should have my new front axle. Then I can finally get the other tire on.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well Almost done! I will be picking up my new axle tonight in about an hour.
Then I hop to get my front tire on and add my new front brake sensor.

Everything else is complete. The wiring kit is in, including the back brake sensor.
It works perfectly.

Here are some pics of the progress I mad tonight.

Pictures of the front tire and headlight assembly and completed bike should be expected tomorrow!

Well I shouldn't say completed because I still am getting new exhaust and brakes but that will be a little bit. Just wanted to get it to the point where I can get it titled for now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Coming along nicely. Gonna be a sweet bike.

Um...are you building it in the center of a studio apartment? :clap::clap::clap:

1 - 20 of 183 Posts