SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked it up last week. Actually the previous owner who is more like a buddy now dropped it off. He was getting it back together and putting on a speedo for me. Apart from issues staring it when it is hot (more user error than anything) it is an absolute joy to ride. You will never ride another bike with such an explosive hit of power that has good torque also.

She is a little ruff and ready but I have some new white plastic & seat cover for her and plan to clean that gas tank. Then she will match the white A-stars moto-x boots I have to kick her over. I tried with road boots a few weeks back and had a bruised plantar fascitis (look it up) for 3 days. Ouch!

·
Registered
797 Posts
suhweet!

Welcome to the dark side.....:arsenal.... wear a good boot and learn the trick to the kick!!! Looks like your gearing is just right......BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAP!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Man, seeing all these CR500 posts is killing me! My '93 is sitting in storage just waiting for a new right side engine case (and a full bike teardown and rebuild cuz I'm anal retentive like that). Just gotta get that thing titled!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3 things I noticed right away when I 1st rode it.

Mind warping torque

Brain bruising stopping power

The weird look on people's faces when they hear a big 2-stroke single roll by.
You can read their thought processes:
"That sounds like a 15 year old chainsaw"
"That motorcycle has a weird exhaust note"
"WTF!!!!!???!?!?!?"

·
Registered
859 Posts
i would love to have one. 2 strokes FTW. if my 450 locked up or something, i'd probobly throw a 500 2 stroke in it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would love to have one. 2 strokes FTW. if my 450 locked up or something, i'd probobly throw a 500 2 stroke in it
Worse thing you can do is ride one of these bad boys. You will be instantly hooked and start scheming right away. :lol:

·
Registered
6,362 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, that bike is badass! What did you pay for it?

I'd love to ride one on the street. Rode one in the siry back in '94 (used) when I worked at a Honda dealer and it was sick!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just got back from a ride tonight. This thing does not like to sit at a constant speed & it drinks gas pretty heavily also!

·
Registered
921 Posts
welcome to the club. good choice

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
i still miss the zilla though I put a lot of time and work into it. came to me all there but i cut the plastics up front, recovered the seat, engine work, welded the pipe, straiten & welded the frame, Repainted rusted mid pipe w/ hi-temp paint. spot painted frame and other parts, got a Chain slider and even got the really little and no longer produced skid plate sliders my mechanic found them in his basement, new carb, new tires, fixed stripped swingarm axle ajust bolts by welding into the stripped hole then re-tapping, new bars, fixed tail light, new air filter, replaced lots of missing bolts & lots of other little things.

then i talked to the owner the guy said he was revving it up and blew the motor, what an idiot...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts