SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

total nut and bolt restoration on this , talon hubs and rims , stainless spokes , billet case savers , 200w stator , indicators , brembo billet caliper, 320 floating disk ,crf450 nitride usd forks , super large rads , samco hoses , trailtech speedo , k&n filter,eibach shocker, talon sprokets, motard mirrors , polisport front light , and loads loads more :hmmm:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no , in uk xr650l had the lights, horn and electric start , the "r" didnt even come with a neutral light , think last "r" was registered 2004-5 , mines a 2002.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Real nice mate. How many miles on her?
this is how i bought the bike

the guy i bought it off had some good ideas but it never looked right , nothing was fixed right and it didnt look good , and he had spent a fortune on it , i wanted it looking like an xr again , the bike was good and low miles so i bought it
bike has only 1300 miles on her from new , never sees the wet , just my little toy i have to go for a blast on when its dry and i have an hour or 2 after work , took all winter to fully rebuild but its a new bike now , cost over £4500 in parts , or a lot of dollars . i know a lot of people on here like the stripped down look , in the uk these bikes dont fair well as either they wont pass an mot test , or rain and water enters the electrics etc. ive done my machine to look like an xr650r , not pretending to be something its not. i ride a lot with guys who have very expensive superbikes and this always steals the show where ever we park up. i must get asked to sell it twice a week ..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Looks good!

I liked the other bodywork it came with as well.

·
Registered
849 Posts
this is how i bought the bike

the guy i bought it off had some good ideas but it never looked right , nothing was fixed right and it didnt look good , and he had spent a fortune on it , i wanted it looking like an xr again , the bike was good and low miles so i bought it
bike has only 1300 miles on her from new , never sees the wet , just my little toy i have to go for a blast on when its dry and i have an hour or 2 after work , took all winter to fully rebuild but its a new bike now , cost over £4500 in parts , or a lot of dollars . i know a lot of people on here like the stripped down look , in the uk these bikes dont fair well as either they wont pass an mot test , or rain and water enters the electrics etc. ive done my machine to look like an xr650r , not pretending to be something its not. i ride a lot with guys who have very expensive superbikes and this always steals the show where ever we park up. i must get asked to sell it twice a week ..
Sound. Thanks for the bacground, always nice to hear some history. Yep, I find the same, my best mate went a bought a Harley Dyna(?) (yep it's a mini issue lol))and makes me chuckle. My 510 gets so much more questions it makes me grin. I like that you've tried to stick to the original theme of the bike whilst giving it your own mark. And 1300 miles?!!! Mate, that's a steal. Congrats :clap:

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Looks like the white plastics are a CRF conversion, whereas, the restored bike went back to the XRR shrouds and gas tank. The CRF tank is quite small compared to the capacity of the XRR tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
right , the plastics are off a crf 450 , bad situation was we coudnt get a white fender for the rear , and making a crf one fit is one pain in the ass , so i decided to go another route. the fuel tank is made by a firm called "BL ITALIA" tank looked and fitted great , trouble is stopping every 30 miles for gas , not one bit practicle. the rear swing arm , infact the whole frame is powder coated in gunmetal grey , looks class. what is a must on these bikes is a large front brake , brembo make a fantastic 320 disk:thumbup: and billet caliper so i made it fit , stops a treat . if you have to put lights on these the stator needs upgrading to a 200w , that will power the bike , indicators , rear lights etc , the 100w standard gives a low output and a very dim front light , so be home before it goes dark.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Mate, I set the trip and I'm looking for fuel at 50ish. Prob get 75/80 on super economy mode.. 30's low but then you could always carry a litre in a fuel can or something. Great work with the bike :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when i said i was looking for gas after 30 miles i didnt mean my bike is bad on gas , it does about 50 miles on a imperial gallon , or 4.5. litres. . the bl italia tank is absolutly minute , too small to be of any use

1 - 19 of 19 Posts