SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been riding a 450exc with sm tires on it sense 07 and i decided to get the real deal. So i bought a 450smr about a month ago, didnt really care for it so i sold it and bought a 560smr .

The 560 is really a 613 because of a stroker kit that was put on. It also has some fmf exhaust with a power bomb header. Other than those 2 things its pretty much stock as far as engine goes.

I have a vortex at the post office and i have a jd jet kit and a K&N air filter ordered as well. I have a air box cover that i cut vents in to.

I think im going to be happy with the motor and power but next i have to put lights on the bike, i want to put the newer style ktm exc light and i was going to run hyperlites for a tail light. Whats the best stator to use for just running the lights? I dont want to change over to the larger style exc ignition cover.

Pictures are coming as soon as i figure out how to put them on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i need to change the plastics so i was wondering how hard it is to change over to the newer style plastics, i think its the 08 and newer.

I know the subframe, gas tank, rear finder, air box, and sides shrouds will need to be changed but im not sure what the fitment would be like.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Trying to upload photos from my mobile to this page has been a pan, still trying
son of a hor " Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file." whyyyyy photobucket

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work on it about 4 hours yesterday putting orange vent tubs and installing the jd jet ket and the k&n air filter. Also if you get the new style fork guards you'll have to trim them because the tires rub.

Just would like to note that this thing is a beast with the vortex and jet kit and k&n and powerbomb.
Buttttt I feel like I'm riding a timebomb that might explode any minute. What are my chances on my crank giving out sene its the stroker???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pictures are here finally
all new plastics and other cool stuff
[/IMG]

the spacer ive been going on about, what is it?
[/IMG]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thinking about taking my swing off and painting it black, i dont want a gloss, more if a satin. What kind of paint would you guys choose?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered up a dc kit with a HID head light kit, also got all sort of orange bits to.

Going to take the swing off and paint it when i put the dc stator on so hopefully ill be finished for awhile as fare as parts go.

Still looking for a set of marchesini wheels

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Ktmparts.com has Marchesinis new...

That's where I bought mine... You get a SMJ discount (search the forum for the code... I forgot it)

·
Registered
555 Posts
That spacer plate you were talking about a while ago looks like it maybe was part of the stroker kit imo. your engine looks quite similar to my husaberg in that pic with the timing chain tensioner, other that the stator being on the other side, lol. you have a pretty sharp looking bike.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just did a trial, and the total was ---> $2,024.98 shipped

Hollywood thats a good price but i think ill be putting those aside until i can figure what my repair is going to cost.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.