SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen that Mr. Show episode? ah well.

I'm working on the brakes right now... the idea is to make an adapter for a radial tokico 4 piston caliper I have laying around (same kind as all jap sports), and a rotor carrier that "jogs" out 1/4" so the caliper doesn't whack the spokes. The rotor is a pseudo-petal style from the 636 ninja. I also need to order some circlips and lathe up "full floating" rotor buttons, and find a master cylinder of the appropriate volume.

Past that, I need to rebuild the fork seals and shock, and figure I'll toss some .48 springs from racetech in there and port/match the valves while I'm at it. I also need the appropriate protective hardware for the radiators etc before I go throwing it around too hard. FUN! Any recommendations welcome! I know the front fender is ugly, I'll get there.

I laced and trued the wheels m'self with a how to from tramptalk-- it was simple enough. Rims and spokes ended up about $650 from buchanan, quick delivery. It's surprisingly expensive to equip your own supermoto even when doing all the labor... I had some cagiva wheels I was going to adapt but after some consideration it was too much hassle.

the trusty TLR has been my standby while the WR was out of commission...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice bike, and the tlr pic is some SICK SH!t..........:rofl:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha thanks! Nevermind that it's 30 mph...
That was taken at the special equipment test circuit. Dual sport knobs and smooth cement don't get along well... Interestingly though the back would give out first (not from power, just.. horrible grip!) and the whole thing would slide and chatter -juh juh juh juh- then catch and wiggle around between the two rear dampers. funky. we need to go back and take video...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts