SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks like a great start.:thumbup:
Nice DRC kit........just got mine in the mail, still waiting on the 2 resistors.
I didnt know if I should use the IC relay and the resistor for the DRC kit, so I chose both...:headscrat

Try a small Advanced Racing mirrors...
I use a head turn for my whereabouts, but the mirror helps to see the blue and white lights from behind. :Funny:
Got a Shoei Hornet DS LG for sale...(check classifieds/sale/gear in this forum)
My medium fits better...!
SORRY FOR THE MEGA PICS...

oooooppps, how did those get there!:arsenal

DRC kit completed soon.
Tryin' to make it look "dirt bike like" as possible!

·
Registered
171 Posts
What do you guys think DRC color choice of this for a "stock look"?

My 08' 750 has it like this (the rainy pic is beter for the rear tail lights):thumbup:
Its someone elses, I would never run my 750 in the rain (ANAL)
Sorry to post NON wr250x pics, but THEY HELP EXPLAIN STUFF:clap:

Thanks.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
59 Posts
what are your thought on the Shoei Hornet DS . how are they highway speed quiter than just a moto-x helmet and goggles?

·
Registered
201 Posts
wtf are the guns for?

are they to pop a cap a grandmar's ass when they pull out in front you you on the tard............

·
Registered
171 Posts
what are your thought on the Shoei Hornet DS . how are they highway speed quiter than just a moto-x helmet and goggles?
The Hornet DS helmet is fairly quiet, but I use headphones, so it is not valid in my scenario. Sorry

I would think that it is a tad bit better in sound than a motocross helmet
because of the chin-piece accessory and the sealed face shield.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey

Bike looks real nice! where did you get the mirror set up? or is it custom

post some pics of the light kit when you get it working

Thanks, boxcar

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey

Bike looks real nice! where did you get the mirror set up? or is it custom

post some pics of the light kit when you get it working

Thanks, boxcar
ADVANCED PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES website for the mirror.
you can get them from Wheeling Cycle and other places online too. $$$$$$

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.advance...nid=1548678c654a626/shopdata/index.shopscript

here are great mirror pics... click below
http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=43130

Go to the DRC tips page here to see blinker/tail light info.:thumbup:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey freeskier...........Is that a mil inspired front fender:headscrat Thats patent imfringement...........:rofl: j/k man.

·
Registered
351 Posts
As a matter of fact it is! I'll send you a royalty check in the mail :D

LOL.:thumbup: Just remember ol mil when you are on the podium with a full yamaha sponsorship......"I wanna thank yamaha, mom/dad 4 your support, and most of all good ol mil for the sweet front fender" :laughingr:laughingr:laughingr

Seriously, I hope my "how to" worked for you and whoever else tryed it, it looks like it came out good. Easy if you take your time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL.:thumbup: Just remember ol mil when you are on the podium with a full yamaha sponsorship......"I wanna thank yamaha, mom/dad 4 your support, and most of all good ol mil for the sweet front fender" :laughingr:laughingr:laughingr

Seriously, I hope my "how to" worked for you and whoever else tryed it, it looks like it came out good. Easy if you take your time.
I got a little impatient and used the dremel, but then wet sanded it with 1000 grit, turned out nice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice bike. Where in CO are you? Your neighborhood looks so familiar. Boulder? I just got an Acerbis front fender instead of the Cycra one I ordered from Motostrano. I can tell the Ace will need to be hacked up to fit arount the clamp area. Would I be better off waiting for the Cycra replacement? Should I just cut the OEM fender? I like the look of the short OEM one, but the Acerbis does look nice on my buddy's DRZ.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I hacked my Ace pretty hard to get it fit.... it looks pretty chewed up from below... but other than that, it fits pretty nicely (with lots of trial and error of course)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I hacked my Ace pretty hard to get it fit.... it looks pretty chewed up from below... but other than that, it fits pretty nicely (with lots of trial and error of course)
Nice. After taking the stocker off and looking at them side by side, I decided to chop the duckbill off the OEM one. Didn't have many tools available- a drill and a utility knife were my weapons of choice. Did some rough filing and just need to fine sand the edges. Looks so much better and is completely rigid now- no more flapping around at speed. The OEM plastic is more rigid than Acerbis, can't speak of any others.

If anyone is interested I'll let my blue Ace sumo fender go for $30 shipped. Still brand new. Just trying not to pay restock on this part.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey do you still have the DRC tail light assembly??
I saw your other post but it looks like in some of these you have a clear
center light now? I dont like the red lens I would like to see a clear one.
I thought I saw a write up somewhere about a 2003-2004 R1 taillight with integrated led turn signals being used for a Custom made one? I really want to do somethng tired of the dumb ars tail assembly but its my commuter so I dont want to completely fudge it up to were I cant drive it for a week!! ANY IDEAS??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts