SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 696 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after building my WR250X aka project *blue ballz* in the yamaha section (10+ pages), here is my new toy that I picked up.

Soo let the new build begin!! Welcome to the Husy World!!! Only 180 miles on it, and bone stock.....Have all the power up kit parts just waiting to get started....

Day 1 stuff, first time home!! :bannana::bannana:

Only naming this thread that cause I love the drink!!! and the bike reminds me of it in a way!

Im not going to sleep at all :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well after building my WR250X aka project *blue ballz* in the yamaha section (10+ pages), here is my new toy that I picked up.

Soo let the new build begin!! Welcome to the Husy World!!! Only 180 miles on it, and bone stock.....Have all the power up kit parts just waiting to get started....

Day 1 stuff, first time home!! :bannana::bannana:

Only naming this thread that cause I love the drink!!! and the bike reminds me of it in a way!

Im not going to sleep at all :thumbup:
Awesome pics! Congrats, buddy!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Skeet, skeet:lol: About time you pulled the trigger. Now I can officially say :welcome: to the Husky family. You will be happy with your new beast. Hit me up if you have any ? Squirt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on the bike.

Hopefully I'll have a 2010 SMR 510 of my own soon. Seeing threads like this make the wait even worse.

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dammit i looked at the bike this AM!! wtf..i never even got a chance to get back to the guy, he live sone street over from me...well crap. you bastard!! i awaiting approval for the cash from the bank.
was that you that burned your pant leg on my new exhaust?? :anim_peep:

j/k....yea after stopping by to look at i just couldnt walk away with out it.

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks, yea been reading soooo many threads about these bikes...so should i replace my fuses too? is it ok to put the O2 jumper wire on and plug the bung while running stock cans?

on the hunt for exhaust now!!!

also trying to figure out this....(steering lock??) key goes in and turns like a 1/2 but springs right back....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks, yea been reading soooo many threads about these bikes...so should i replace my fuses too?
Carry spare fuses with you (under the seat in a little bag or something). The EFI shares circuits with the lights and other stuff. If something (anything) shorts out for any reason, you will be walking.

Put some insulation (rubber hose or something) around the wires coming out of the plug that goes into the ECU (under the seat). They chaffe against the metal under neath them and short out. There's a thread about this: you'll see what I mean when you look at it.

Just trying to give you some tips to avoid being stranded.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
be sure to pull the fuel pump and secure it. Blue loctite as many bolts as you can find. Push the bars forward.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks, yea been reading soooo many threads about these bikes...so should i replace my fuses too? is it ok to put the O2 jumper wire on and plug the bung while running stock cans?

on the hunt for exhaust now!!!

also trying to figure out this....(steering lock??) key goes in and turns like a 1/2 but springs right back....

Nice bike!! That steering lock is the same on my DRZ. You have to put the key in and turn it to get it to lock but wiggle the handle bars so the locking shaft can find its hole....Kind of a pain in the ass but it works :thumbup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Replace the fuses, stock ones will crack the filaments inside.

Check the torque on the rear sprocket bolts, first and then more often then others.

I haven't had an issue with other bolts coming loose randomly, but I do go over the bike fairly frequently.

Do the fuel pump fix.

1 - 20 of 696 Posts