SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been looking to get a sm for a while and while saving up for about 3 months I was constantly on Craigslist. I purchased the Bike for 4,500 cash out of SB County but what a deal I got. Bike had 1,121 miles on all stock plus Renthal FATBARS. The guy who was selling it bought it new and barely rode it not to include he was in his mid 40's and that was his first bike in almost 2 decades. Needless to say he just couldn't get into the sport of riding anymore and decided to sell.

Im a junkie when it comes to speed, and pushing the limits with anything I do, I've already started to learn wheelies and indos, and will continue to progress. I am also going to do all mods myself so if there is any technical steps please add to your post to ensure I get it right. I am new at this so supermoto thing, any and all help will be much appreciated.

"Wicked Ways For Life"

I recently purchased a few mods from Acerbis to include:
-Acerbis Cyclops Headlight Set-Up
-Acerbis Supermoto Front Fender
-Acerbis Supermoto Handguards

Other mods Im looking at are (In order by priority):
-New levers
-New mirrors
-Fender Eliminator Kit & Front/Rear blinkers (Want minimal exposure)
-Seat
-Stunt Proofing
-Exhaust
-Slipper Clutch
-Big Bore/ Stroker Kit

Let me know your thought! Anything to improve performance, look, and durability!

Check out walk around on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhfOFpbuirA

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The only thing I would suggest other than what is on your list is to change the name of your build. Black death! that sucks.

You can only use the name black in your build if it's going to be epic like taffymoto's builds...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Officially - project "bullet proof"

CHECK OUT THE WALK AROUNG VID I PUT UP~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhfOFpbuirA
I just ordered the Edge 2 Rear fender eliminator with 12 O'Clock upgraded circuit board that integrates the blinkers into break light. Bullet proof!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Project "natural selection"

The name for this build is written in stone! "Natural Selection"

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
-Stunt Proofing
-Exhaust
-Slipper Clutch
-Big Bore/ Stroker Kit

Let me know your thought! Anything to improve performance, look, and durability!

Check out walk around on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhfOFpbuirA
no such thing as 'stunt proof' (just ribbin ya)

the exhaust - ok, quiet = mo better for sneakin

slipper clutch = $$$

big bore - just ride this one till the rings are done, -then- update it with a 440 :)

also, before you do anything else to the bike, do the loctite fixes, read about changing the oil every 1000 miles, and do the free power mod. "free power mod" google will serve you well.

the faq on thumpertalk will prevent your engine dying prematurely. very cheap fixes for very good longevity. do it !

nice bike, but it's too clean ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts