SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got my 426 SM conversion done yesterday. In the pics the chain is tight but i have since adjusted it. I still need to oder lights, and trim the fok guards so i can put those back on. I had it out on the street today(i know, bad me...) and im in love!! this is the sickest thing i have every done! now i need to order a kit for my KX450 and call it good! I dont know why i waited so long to do this!

The conversion consits of Excel Wheels, Rad Hubs, EBC Brakes, JT 44t Sprocket, Metzeler Sportec M-1s, Acerbis hand guards, SS brake line(not installed as i have one already) and ufo peg sliders(not installed as i have fastway pegs).

I also have the acerbis front fender. And yes, i used redbull cans for catch cans....

I will get more pics as i go along. But wow, this sport kicks ass!!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
looks Great.
Here's mine

Street use YZ400

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you found a new use for the truck. btw nice bike
ya i dont use kick stands. haha. i use my truck, poles, buildings, trees. Basically whatever i find that people wont be pissed off about me leanin the bike against.

I just cant wait for my lights!! its gonna be awesome.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is what im using for headlights. 15 bux and in ND you only need low beams. They are 2.5in driving lights.

·
Registered
978 Posts
ONe piece of advice, from experience, if you are planning to hooligan around town TAKE THE NUMBERS OFF!!! lol. All it takes is for someone to see the numbers and call and it makes it REALLLLLLLLLLLLY hard to argue. Just a little heads up

·
Registered
954 Posts
More advice for ya.....

If your planning on doing a lot of street riding, go get yourself a WR petcock. It bolts right up to the YZ tank and will give a reserve. Running out of gas on the track is one thing, but 3 miles from the nearest gas station is another...

Don't ask me how I know this :rolleyes2:, just do it!!

Great build by the way, I like the headlights! What stator did you go with?
Red Bull catch cans? How ghetto. I used only the finest special edition Aluminum Mountain Dew bottles on mine!!:laughingr

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im just using the moose/electrosport stator. And im using a trail tech battery. It will be dim at idle but as long as i pass tech i dont care too much.

Ya, redbull cans work. Plus the blue matches the frame! haha. I know its ghetto but it works and gets the job done.

EDIT: Also the cops wont do much if someone calls in bikes around here. They rarely pull you over, i mean i ride it on the street as it is and the cops just wave. I even asked what they could give me for a ticket, and all they said is, "um, ah, $30 no registration... but ND lets you ride on the streets with an OHV sticker now so if you have that we cant do anything..."

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well since all the cool kids are doin it, here's my 99 YZ400. The motor is a 426 now, and it's freakin fun as hell. 16/44 gearing, baja designs DS kit, blah blah blah. Taking it to the track in a couple days, so I should have some new action shots soon.

·
Registered
504 Posts
my 1998 yz250 I am parting since I can hardly ever use it .. If I could trade the plate on my WR400 to it, I would. =(

Never got the front wheel on.. rear wheel is from a DRZ400SM, goes RIGHT on with the DRZ spacers, but the rotor rubs the stock caliper bracket a little on the backside.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Im just using the moose/electrosport stator. And im using a trail tech battery. It will be dim at idle but as long as i pass tech i dont care too much.
What wattage are those headlights? I've been running a 35w headlight just fine with my moose stator. I used a bigger battery than the trailtech one to help with the dimming at idle. I was able to tuck it in the airbox...

Hey JMCD, glad to see I'm not the only guy who polished his swingarm! :thumbup:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey JMCD, glad to see I'm not the only guy who polished his swingarm! :thumbup:
Glad to see someone noticed with all the work it took wheew !I can take more pictures so all the work doesn't go to waste if you want!!LOL . I started polishing in between waiting for my paycheck and more parts, polished the inside of it to !!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice jmcd. must have taken a while to polish all that. haha.

also guys. For my tail light, i got one of those 6 in oval LED trailer lights with a clear lens for 5 bux from work. So im gonna mount that tonight and take pics. Its goin under the fender all the way back on the flat part to where the frame is/seat ends. Fits great. And its big so people can actually see me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts