SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of an exhaust for the beaky that actually looks like a mx exhaust rather than street?

Small diameter, high level with a cone end?

I cant seem to find one???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice but way too long don. Ya think

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
going from 2 cans to 1 means it has to be long to at least try to keep noise output down.

this is the only single silencer exhaust I've come across for the 690 sm that you can buy, don't think you have a lot of other options if you want a high mounted single can.

DAM also makes custom exhausts so if the long can really bothers you, you could inquire if it's possible to supply the slip-on with a shorter can.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah your right, i think ill just get the akra slip on's. How loud are they compared to standard?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i like the sc project but i can get a twin system for the same price, just seems overpriced. Anyway if anyone has a system for sale for my bike please get in touch

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
not a fan of carbon fibre cans.

not so much a look thing but you run the risk of breaking them once the wool gets eaten up. once the wool is gone heat is transfered directly to the carbon fibre body of the can which can make it crack. seen it happen before so I reckon you're better off with a exhaust system where the cans have a metal body.

·
Registered
59 Posts
does anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy this system??

And has anyone got this system?? Would you recommend it??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/07-08-KTM-690...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2f0300c6 :rolleyes2:
I recently purchased a 2008 KTM 690 SMR where the previous owner had the dealer install the Leo Vince SBK dual carbon can system. When I got the bike the quiet end inserts were missing and nowhere to be found. It was too loud so I ordered the inserts and now it's much more a pleasure to ride. Heck the LV cans had about a 2 inch exhaust opening and the inserts probably dropped it down to just over and inch each. It still should flow well considering it's a dual system. I didn't feel any reduction after installing the inserts.
I don't know if the system improved the Hp over the stock since it was already on it when I got it. But I did get the OEM system, (which wieghs a freaking ton), so I'm told it's nearly 19 lbs lighter. That's a plus.
It's a beautiful unit with the carbon cans and had carbon fiber brackets to extend to the cans from the existing mounts. I'll see what pictures I can drum up.

However - For some I can't get the photos to upload even after I downsized them.

Try this link over on TT

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10294259&postcount=147

1 - 10 of 10 Posts