SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a motovert 125 that i got for my old lady to ride and am in the process of getting set up to ride at the abandoned outdoor cart track with some buddies. One problem I am running into is that it will bump its self out of gear into neutral from time to time, or some times the clutch will start slipping to the point that I pull in the clutch and shift gears to get it to grab again.
Any ideas.
Also I have to re jet I think. it wont idle and seems kinda flat. I just got it and its got a uni-filter and seemingly straight pipe exhaust with a little can on it. Anyone have a similar set up and what are you running? The carb is coming off tonight and this weekend when I am in the city I will pick up the jets I need
Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
It doesnt sound like the clutch is slipping if it is popping out of gear. It could be the shifting fork. I have heard that the 1 down 3 up trannys have that kind of problem. I have the 4 up style and I have been beating on it for years and it has never failed me. You may want to consider playing with the air/fuel screw and needle position before looking into the jetting. If you have the same carb as me I can tell you what is working well for my bike today. That style exhaust sounds normal for the vert. Where is ontario is your track? Im in detroit not far away.

Frank

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am guessing the carbs are very similar. Its a 2008 daytona motor.
The track is in Dryden Ontario. Used to be a go-cart track but it closed down years ago.
If you could tell me what your running for jets I can check it against whats in there when I pull it off. I might just replace what it has though as I know it sat with gas in the tank all winter. Probably needs a spit shine

·
Registered
90 Posts
Right now I am using a 120 main jet, the clip is in the middle of the adjustment of the needle and the air fuel mixture is 1.5 turns out. I have never changed the pilot jet nor have I needed to. You can clean your carbs and jets with small copper wire and some good strong brake cleaner.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will see whats going on in there hopefully tonight. I dont think the bike was cared for too well but I pretty much stole it so am not too worried. Changed the oil and checked the valves, so once I get it idling and running right I am going to abuse the crap out of it. I might just have to live with the gear issue for a while

·
Registered
3 Posts
One problem I am running into is that it will bump its self out of gear into neutral from time to time, or some times the clutch will start slipping to the point that I pull in the clutch and shift gears to get it to grab again.It doesnt sound like the clutch is slipping if it is popping out of gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts