SuperMoto Junkie banner

Have you had experince with Motostrano?

• Amazing Outstanding Service, They went the extra mile!

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Ok service, no major problems, nothing special.

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • I wasn't impressed, and won't order from them again....

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Never ordered from them

Votes: 27 36.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading threads posted and closed in the past, I regret that I placed an order recnetly through motostrano. The lack of customer service exhibited in the posts on this site i've read, treating customers like "biker trash" and not normal consumers isn't appropriate in my personal opinion. To each their own, I appreciate the services and specialization they offer, but the way in which it is approached isn't exemplary.

I've heard mixed perspectives on them, and rather than turn this into a flame fest, i just wanted a poll done to determine how many people have had problems with them. I'm not looking to flame them, but I want to know if others have had issues as well in getting items on time.

(I've been waiting since 6/2 on my order to be sent, apparently it got back ordered, and then wasn't in the shipment recieved, and was delayed even more...)

I won't personally be ordering from them again, but wanted to see if I'm the fluke, or normally they are outstanding. The posts on this forum site from Joe seem pretty darn abrasive. We may be bikers, but we appreciate courtesy and the extra mile on customer service. That's why Motorcycle-superstore gets my business most of the time.

:hmmm:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I ordered from them, got a jacket, boots, and gloves. The jacket was backordered and I was not told untill I called 2 weeks after the order to ask about it. But on a better note, The boots I ordered were too big and the gloves were too small lol. They had a very quick turn around when I sent them back to get the different sizes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought my leathers from them when I decided to go racing. They were extremely helpful in finding my size and I received my leathers rather quick. Very satisfied with the service.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

My buddy ordered some stuff from them and it took forever to get. It took 2 weeks just to ship the stuff. Once he got it, the order was all mucked up and he had to send stuff back. When he finally got the right stuff (which took forever also) they were the wrong color gloves. Kinda disappointing since I referred him because my experience was good.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have had very good luck with them on several orders and they will continue to be the first place I look for motard specific stuff.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"After reading threads posted and closed in the past, I regret that I placed an order recnetly through motostrano." :headshake

"MOTORCYCLE-SUPERSTORE GETS MY BUSINESS" :headshake

shame, pitching another shop while trying to prove bad on another.

I love the internet!!!!! :laughingr

I'm sorry, but I don't follow that at all? I'm disappointed with one merchant :headscrat and another has had great service pretty much :thumbup:, so I'm taking a poll due to differing opinions to see what the concensus is, if others face the same problems....

Please clarify what you mean :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Amazing inventory.

Motostrano is one of the best places to see, touch and test fit potential riding gear.

You could buy online but return/exchange/support service cannot compare.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I'm sorry, but I don't follow that at all? I'm disappointed with one merchant :headscrat and another has had great service pretty much :thumbup:, so I'm taking a poll due to differing opinions to see what the concensus is, if others face the same problems....

Please clarify what you mean :hmmm:
Youve read all those close posts, and you now want MORE OPINIONS??

There wont be a consensus.

Water is Better than Gatoraide!!!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
great company......shipping is kinda slow but only by a few days........usually when i order i use paypal so that may be the reason for the kinda slow shipping.......because it takes about 2 days for them to acknowledge my order.......otherwise i am very satisfied with their service

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've ordered a Braking wave rotor and exhaust from them, everything went smooth. I like the fact they send you a tracking email also.

I ordered a SM front fender and they sent the wrong one. No problem, I called them and have the right one on the way. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I will buy from them again but only in the store. I received ZERO Communication from them 6 weeks to get a single part is Outrageous. No Communication to let me know what was going on.........................Not good.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good point. They are a sponsor and particpate with the forum. I give them kudos for that.
So lets get this straight. You are taking a poll on Motostrano. You are telling others that Motostrano will no longer get your business, yet you're noting that they get your "kudos"?. Why? Because they contribute? And what does that have to do with your "poll'?
A true poll should have comments of the customers experience & be void of any "kudos" talk because they support the forum, as that is the equivalent of corruption, in my view.
I hate Motostrano, but anyone who puts up a poll that says "what do you think of XYZ?" then states that ABC shop will get his money & later notes that XYZ gets his "Kudos" is not really taking a poll at all & is just starting & feeding a flame fest. Just because you asked for it not to be a flamefest doesn't mean it won't be. Tell me that you don't want to fight just before you punch me in the face doesn't mean you're not going to get a fight. You're trying appear as if you are sitting on the fence, while in reality, you are supporting BOTH sides. That's not a poll. Thats a flamefest.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Geez. Treefalls, what side of the bed did you wake up on? I was giving kudos to the fact that they support a forum that all of us love to participate on and sharing more about supermoto. Doesn't mean I'd order from them again, The opinion seems about split, those that love it almost are matched by those that don't.

I WON'T be ordering from them again, unless they are only merchant that carries what I need. I'm still waiting for my order # to be shipped and I ordered a jacket on 2nd... only news I've had is when I've called, and its been 50/50 right then contradicted etc..

Chill out man.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
:headscratspecterunseen..... talk about trying to stir the pot.

First you say you regret ordering from them..... May I ask why? And if you are regretting the order after all of the "lack of customer service exhibited" posts you read..... well it sounds as if you are mad cause you did not call first and make sure they even had the jacket in stock and now are mad cause it is their fault?? WTF?? Are you that lazy?
And why is it Joe/Motosrano's fault if a jacket did not show up in a order recieved? Maybe the MFG was out of the jacket?
How long after you ordered did you call them to inquire about your order?

Dude you sound like a lil bish, QUIT YOUR FUCK!N whining. Motostrano and Joe do ALOT for this site, help support it and keep it running.

Now, I have ordered things from Motostrano, Joe himself, and from the www.twowheelsteals.com site of his, NEVER a problem cause I call and check before ordering, if they don't have it fine I will look elsewhere for what I need. If we keep wanting to "poll" or bash/flamefest this business some day the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you" may come true and they will be gone. All of you quit your bitchin and be better buyers and consumers. Call and ask appropriate questions, and check stock on certain items you need. THIS IS GETTING OLD AND CHILDISH REALLY FAST.

Chin up Joe, I like your business idea and what you guys do for us!!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT:thumbup:

Terry A

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:headscratspecterunseen..... talk about trying to stir the pot.

First you say you regret ordering from them..... May I ask why? And if you are regretting the order after all of the "lack of customer service exhibited" posts you read..... well it sounds as if you are mad cause you did not call first and make sure they even had the jacket in stock and now are mad cause it is their fault?? WTF?? Are you that lazy?
And why is it Joe/Motosrano's fault if a jacket did not show up in a order recieved? Maybe the MFG was out of the jacket?
How long after you ordered did you call them to inquire about your order?

Dude you sound like a lil bish, QUIT YOUR FUCK!N whining. Motostrano and Joe do ALOT for this site, help support it and keep it running.

Now, I have ordered things from Motostrano, Joe himself, and from the www.twowheelsteals.com site of his, NEVER a problem cause I call and check before ordering, if they don't have it fine I will look elsewhere for what I need. If we keep wanting to "poll" or bash/flamefest this business some day the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you" may come true and they will be gone. All of you quit your bitchin and be better buyers and consumers. Call and ask appropriate questions, and check stock on certain items you need. THIS IS GETTING OLD AND CHILDISH REALLY FAST.

Chin up Joe, I like your business idea and what you guys do for us!!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT:thumbup:

Terry A

Geez. Mod's please close this thread. That's an uncalled for and immaturely rash response. I'm talking one point, take another, but do it with respect. Motostrano has mixed reviews, not have your persepctive. Read some of the past posts by Joe with Motostrano, and you don't exactly get the "extra mile" kind of service feeling from them.

And my issue is that 1-3 days to process order... ok.. ordered on 6/2. Didn't recieve ANY updates, called 6/6 was told it would be shipped, then called monday 6/9 and they state never recieved it, but would and then call back after saying will verify it asking if its ok to get size larger on jersey's etc?? I tell them I want what I ordered, they tell me its been backordered and should be able to ship off on 6/13... call 6/16 still not been shipped.

All during this time no updates provided. That's my issue, not the delay. I advised I was fine with waiting, but at least upgrade shipping to overnight to get it to me since they haven't resolved or shipped in timeframe that should have, and was denied, telling me it wasn't worth by $260 order, rather they'd give 3 day air, saving me 2 days. Told me couldn't take $20 "loss" on my order since it was only $260. He just lost all my future business and word of mouth advertising.

READ the past posts by Joe and you won't get the extra mile mentality that the place runs as, maybe in person, but there web ordering is shakey, I won't do it again, just cancelled my order after waiting half the month for updates and it being shipped. I don't like orders to be "MAYBE we'll get it in, and we'll just have to wait and see"

Mod's please close thread. Guys like him are going to turn this survey into another pointless flamewar. :hmmm:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.