SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come ride the whole track on Saturday and half track on sunday.. There is still room for more riders.
go to Rides smart's web site to sign up.

You can even rent leathers if you need them.
I am going Saturday on my SMR..

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've ridden there once before (DUC 996). That was before they added on the other section of track.

How is it for the SMs? Curious.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like and I live just down in granbury. Saturday is the whole 3.1 track and sunday is the 1.7 old track. I am riding saturday. My 525 SMR has no problem running with most 600's.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man did I have fun today!! I was the only true motard out there. I ran the racer group and found the bike to be very quick. I could outrun most of the guys in the level. I was blowing by a guy on a SV-650 to the point he must have been shaking his head.. I just love the motard.

I am going to Oak hIll in henderson for another track day on Friday.. This bike is for sale so I know it works great..

·
Registered
317 Posts
Never had a chance to make it Oak Hill, that's closer to me than MSR (Cresson). Damn work schedule!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Dammit! I have leathers and all I need to do it....
any dates for next month?
Biff,
How do you think my WR would do on such a long course? Yours seems to have a considerable amount more of top end.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oak hill is a Kart track. Your gearing should be fine for that track..
The gearing I ran yesterday was 15/42. I will put on a 45 for next week at Oak hill..
Go to CMRA and you can find all the track days, Ridesmart..Lonestar track days.
Eagles canyon is having a day in july. That's up in denton. You will need tall gearing for that. I will run 15/40 for that track..
They cost about $100 for a track day.
You can ride racer group with me and we can spank on the 600's..

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'll do my best for the Eagles Canyon one! It's actually only about 20 minutes or so from my house ( I live in Krum).
Dead Man's Curve is on the way there... it's a fun one! One of the few up here...
Keep me posted and hopefully I can do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts