SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding a 2007 Husqvarna SMR450 for years and the throttle has always been hard to maintain a steady speed. It's almost like the bike is always accelerating or decelerating. There's a very very tight window for the bike to maintain the speed.

I was curious if there's any tricks to align the throttle or aftermarket throttle/carb attachment that would give me a wider steady throttle window?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There are throttles available with different size “actuating diameters”.
Putting the smaller diameter on makes the “throttle slower action”.

could help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are throttles available with different size “actuating diameters”.
Putting the smaller diameter on makes the “throttle slower action”.

could help?
Are you talking about the actuator that is on the side of the carburetor that the throttle cables attach to?
I was wondering about that, because I could see how replacing that could make the throttle more or less responsive. I'm just not sure if that's something that can be replaced or built onto the carb.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Are you talking about the actuator that is on the side of the carburetor that the throttle cables attach to?
I was wondering about that, because I could see how replacing that could make the throttle more or less responsive. I'm just not sure if that's something that can be replaced or built onto the carb.
No, it’s the “circle” on the throttle assembly.
They are designed so you can remove one from the throttle tube, and attach one of a different diameter.
eg https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Works-Connection-Elite-Throttle-Tube/22-500?gclid=CjwKCAiA_f3uBRAmEiwAzPuaM9lww-DnpLODPB4R_poGIzAj1M_AwkOePRLP_H0q8V2B0i6hC4I7CBoCVowQAvD_BwE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts