SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Banned
290 Posts
Voss is on the invite list are there not a lot more rider that have earned a spot before him Tracy,Ross,Welsh to name a few of the local boys that shoud be before Voss

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I too think Jason should have been on the list but that does not mean he will not be in the race.
He as well as a lot of other privateer riders will be in the show at the Moto X event. They are going to take between 12-14 of the fastest riders from the AMA Pro National on Sat morning for the Moto X Supermoto event later that day.

The Moto X Supermoto race is an elimination race where they line up 6 groups of 6 riders and race short heats until they get down to the fastest six.

Guys like Conlon, Trachy, Horton will probably make it into the show

·
Banned
290 Posts
it just is BS when you have riders that have put there time in and you get Voss that has raced 2 Supermoto events ever and he gets right in that to me is BS

·
Registered
410 Posts
Kinda disappointed that I rode my ass off last year and finished 3rd in Unlimited and my name isnt even on the list.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes I too think Jason should have been on the list but that does not mean he will not be in the race.
He as well as a lot of other privateer riders will be in the show at the Moto X event. They are going to take between 12-14 of the fastest riders from the AMA Pro National on Sat morning for the Moto X Supermoto event later that day.

The Moto X Supermoto race is an elimination race where they line up 6 groups of 6 riders and race short heats until they get down to the fastest six.

Guys like Conlon, Trachy, Horton will probably make it into the show
Scott,

Since you seem to be somewhat in the know on the procedures for the qualification for the Moto X SM, but there hasn't been much else official released can you shed any more light than what is on your site? If they are taking the top riders out of Lites, SM, and Unlimited, will the riders still be required to run a 450 in the ESPN event, or will it be a runwhatchabrung type of event this year?

It would be good to know ahead of time so that someone like Mr. 502 can know if he needs to get a 450 ready in the event he qualifies out of a different class.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think people are making too big a deal on the list.

In the past the X Games list was it - no more riders could ride. Now they are leaving the door wide open for any rider to make the show.

I don't think they made the list based on final point tally of the AMA race. The list is pretty solid but they wanted to add some flavor and names from other disciplines. that is why Voss and McGrath are in. They invited road racers like the Haydens but they could not make it.
Pascarella is the young gun, Drake McElroy is know from the freestyle world, Atkins won a race last year and Cini was the third fastest 250 rider and put in a good show as a last minute alternate at the X Games last year.

I think that the 12-14 open spots will allow fast guys like Conlon, Loire to get into the show no problem.

How they are picking the final riders is still being worked out and nothing has been announced officially - just ideas I have heard.

This formate is 100 times better than before - now privateers or small teams have a chance at winning the Moto X or the X Games.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think people are making too big a deal on the list.

In the past the X Games list was it - not more riders could ride. Now they are leaving the door wide open for any rider to make the show.

I don't think they made the list based on final point tally of the AMA race. The list is pretty solid but they wanted to add some flavor and names from other disciplines. that is why Voss and McGrath are in. They invited road racers like the Haydens but they could not make it.
Pascarella is the young gun, Drake McElroy is know from the freestyle world, Atkins won a race last year and Cini was the third fastest 250 rider and put in a good show as a last minute alternate at the X Games last year.

I think that the 12-14 open spots will allow fast guys like Conlon, Loire to get into the show no problem.

How they are picking the final riders is still being worked out and nothing has been announced officially - just ideas I have heard.

This formate is 100 times better than before - now privateers or small teams have a chance at winning the Moto X or the X Games.
Well put. Thanks

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Well put. Thanks
I agree that it makes sense...

The problem is that when you are trying to get sponsors for these guys who don't have big team support... it's a lot more impressive to be able to tell the potential sponsor that they will definitely have airtime on ESPN. Instead of saying "Well, there is a chance he will qualify, but we can't make any promises..."

Anyway... from what I understand the list is done, and anyone else will have to qualify. So I'll just keep begging for money without the ESPN spin.

:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts