SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just bought a ktm 125 Xc-W 2018 and I’m thinking of buying a moto-master race brake kit but I am wondering if the stock brembo brake is better, I have a 270 vmx brake disc (I know it’s bad)

What I have now:
- stock everything else but the disc is a Chinese tin plate

what the moto-master kit includes:
  • Flame Supermoto Racing -brake disc (320mm)
  • CNC-sanded 4-piston ”socket”
  • CNC-sanded brake caliper adapter
  • 12 mm Moto-Master Radial Master cylinder
  • steel coated Supermoto Racing brake line
  • SinterPro Racing GP brake pads

I would really appreciate your knowledge.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm currently racing a 2019 150 SX as a sumo, the only upgrade I've done is a GoldFren 270mm floating rotor and caliper bracket. Stock caliper, line and master and it's got more brake than I'm currently taking advantage of. I initially had some super aggressive sintered pads in it and absolutely melted them on a slightly larger track, ended up going back to the OEM pads KTM supplies to continue that race day. You can go pretty far on the stock setup with just a good rotor, street to full on racing.

I have a bunch of friends running full Moto-master setups as well and have not heard any negative comments other than the normal pain in the wallet after the initial purchase. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm currently racing a 2019 150 SX as a sumo, the only upgrade I've done is a GoldFren 270mm floating rotor and caliper bracket. Stock caliper, line and master and it's got more brake than I'm currently taking advantage of. I initially had some super aggressive sintered pads in it and absolutely melted them on a slightly larger track, ended up going back to the OEM pads KTM supplies to continue that race day. You can go pretty far on the stock setup with just a good rotor, street to full on racing.

I have a bunch of friends running full Moto-master setups as well and have not heard any negative comments other than the normal pain in the wallet after the initial purchase. :D
Thanks for the info! So based of what you said and my own thinking. I will probably just change my rotor so my wallet will thank me later :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts