SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't really seen any other thread dedicated to talking about the 2011 Moto GP season, so here goes. If you watch Moto GP and want to talk about the news, the races, or anything else Moto GP related, subscribe to this thread and let's get it rolling. This is gonna be a hell of a season, and personally, I can barely wait!

So to start off the thread, here goes a video of the new Ducati Desmosedici GP11 with Hayden and Rossi...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4vq6XH2X7w

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Well ,imo i think Rossi made a mistake goin to Ducati this late in his career and leaving the best bike/team when Yamaha was gonna make a 3 bike team w/him/Lorenzo/Spies and would've been very dominate ,but his personal hate of Lorenzo made it as he said impossible.

Imo by the time he gets the Duc dialed in probably next season it may be to late age wise for him ,but he's on his home hardware...blood is thicker than water i guess...Spies and Lorenzo vs the 3 Honda's of Stoner/Dovi/and the midget will be the race along with Rossi ,and i can't see a darkhorse rider/team challenge either Yamaha/Duc/Honda...imo Spies/Lorenzo fav's to win the title ,but w/close comp from Stoner and Rossi...don't see ANY satellite teams in the mirror either!...BTW the new factory Duc is awesome!

Hey David you wanna throw an expert oppinion?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Definitely looking forward to Qatar! I'm still trying to get used to the yellow all over Rossi's bike, I think it looked much better on the Yamaha. I'm excited to see what Spies can do with a factory bike, and Honda is looking like its going to bring some tough competition too. Hopefully Hayden can step it up a little more this season, I'm sure having Rossi's input to feed off of will help him out.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like Rossi's hand on sponsors weighed much heavier on the Ducati team... Personally I liked Nicky better with his Alpinestars but the Dainese don't look bad at all!

God I hope Nicky takes his new friend down to his side of the woods. It would be soooo awesome if Nicky and Rossi showed up at Adams here in SoCal to practice on their 450-supersingles! Right Ryan?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh damn, I didn't even realize Nicky changed over to D until you said that. As for supermoto, it's too bad Ducati doesn't make dirt or supermoto bikes, or there just might be a .000001% chance he'd make it out here on a day for me to check it out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also, I know Roger will be in town next week, not sure about Nicky and/or Tommy, but the weather should be great so theres a chance I guess that they might bust out the sumo's. They usually seem to be out there this time of year.

·
Registered
913 Posts
i never supported rossi as a rider.......i've always supported the yamaha team........i'll stick to supporting yamaha.............
rossi riding for ducati is just another feather in the hat of those, ducati riding, snobs.........

oh and by the way, the red, white, black and floro yellow of rossi's Dainese looks horrible.....

looks like vomit.....

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Im also in the Rossi will regret riding a ducati camp. That bike looks hard to ride. The Yamaha looks so easy...

I hope spies can knock Loren"tho" down a peg. I was at laguna, we all thought he was gonna try to plant a spanish flag if he won. I was ready to hurl some brews at his ass if he tried that move!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I'm a big Rossi fan, but I'm also a huge Nicky fan and I also think there are few riders as badass as Spies. Spies is a riding machine, he doesn't even smile, and that's impressive, but what I like about Rossi is the fact that in a snap of a finger he can go from being a kid joking around to being just a flawless rider. He knows what he is capable of and it shows, like in Sepang 2010 when he had a horrible start, moved on from 11th to win the race just to spoil Loren'tho's championship party. That day Rossi said "I will win this race" and there was absolutely nothing that kept him from doing that. For me, that was the ride of the year from any rider.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i never supported rossi as a rider.......i've always supported the yamaha team........i'll stick to supporting yamaha.............
rossi riding for ducati is just another feather in the hat of those, ducati riding, snobs.........

oh and by the way, the red, white, black and floro yellow of rossi's Dainese looks horrible.....

looks like vomit.....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I'm a big Nicky Hayden fan too. I have to, he's the closest to home, and he's just so down to earth. The fact he kills it in the dirt, or on a tard makes me like the guy that much more, he's just exceptionally talented on anything he throws a leg over.

I personally think Tino's move over to Ducati won't go as well as he hopes. Don't get it wrong, he's the greatest of all time, I realize that. But, he's had a long time to develop the Yamaha, and it was obviously a great combination.

Having said all that, I don't watch much Moto GP these days. I actually miss and preferred the 500cc smokers, and watching Tino dominate on one. I hate all the electronics nowadays too, and think it's much less exciting to watch. Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I think Rossi, with his injury, and new to the ducati is going to struggle this year. Nicky has been on the Duc a year already. It's his time again. Plus I like to see a country bumpkin like Nicky beat those snobby Italian fags.

That's my .02

·
Registered
913 Posts
say what u want about lorenzo......he might be an ass and what not.......but the guy can ride once he settles in.......he's a bit shaky sometimes.....and i guess that will happen to you when your team-mate and your rival are the same person and you need to prove yourself........

now that spies is on the team (one of the few american athletes that gets my nod, no offence to anyone here) i think yamaha has very good chances of having riders on the podium at each race........its hard to sit here and predict the entire championship......but lorenzo has been on the m1 for some time, and spies would have been testing the m1 on more occasions than yamaha would let the public know........so its safe to assume that spies would be more comfortable on the m1 than rossi on the duc.......

as with all motorsports, the thing that makes it the most interesting is unpredictability.......this season, there is a lot of it.....:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
with some of the rule changes that have happened, i'm excited to see all the battle pan out. not an expert and dont even get to watch as much as i would like(share a tv with a roommate and a girlfreind) but its always interesting when i can. i just hope it stays that way. i want to see compitition, i dont want politics and team b.s. and funding wars. riding is what its about.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts