SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi junkies!

i'm heading to canada in june for a couple of conferences (so work picks up the tab to get me there... it's expensive from new zealand!) and i'd like to pick up a few bits for the husky if i can find any

anyone recommend any shops etc in montreal or toronto or vancouver? i've got a bit of time in each....

cheers! will

·
Registered
611 Posts
What kind of shops you looking for? Big, small, husky-specific, or what?
5th Gear in Richmond (basically Vancouver) is this tiny little shop, but a riders', shop. The owner, Bill, has got lots of Husky parts and knowledge, and is a good guy, to boot.
200ft away is Pacific Yamaha, which stocks Huskys, but is the big dealership kind of shop (Yamis, BMW, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Husaberg and Huskys). Probably lots of parts there in stock.
International Motorsports (also in the same general area) is kind of in-between. Lots of parts and knowledge, but still not too huge that you won't be ignored. Friendly folks.
I'd just drop 'em all a line first to see if they've got what you want.
Hoped this helps!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Vancouver Supermoto
Supermoto Specialties in Toronto (near Keele St. and Finch)
I would say Ross Rocher Sales in Stratford (Husky dealer) but that would take half a day to get there from Toronto and back.

Not many shops (even supermoto specific shops) stock many model specific parts. Even the Husky dealers keep their overhead REALLY low. We're just so out numbered by the cruisers that non of the bike shops want to stock anything but parts for cruisers. If you ride anything else, you have to wait for an order.

I'm sure you know how big Canada is. But, that's one thing that makes me laugh when I think about people who don't know much about Canada. There's soooo many people out there who don't realize how BIG this place really is. I live in Southern Ontario. It takes me 22 hours to get down to Florida. I can drive for 3 days straight, in the opposite direction, and still be in Ontario! I read a post on another forum where a guy from Austrailia was spending a week in Vancouver and thought that he was going to be able to drive to Toronto just to see the CN Tower and drive back. LOL! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts