SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use them on their Supermoto Minis? I like the idea of not having to get a new filter every time and they aren't all that expensive but I can't find any reviews of them.

Also, where do you CRF150 guys get the oil filter cover O-rings/oil and transmission oil sealing washers? I'm going off of what the FSM is telling me to do and can't seem to find the cover o rings listed and the sealing washers are just listed as 8mm washers.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I just ordered the O-ring and washers from Motosport.com they have the parts diagrams and everything. Take a extra o-ring to the track I almost had a day ruined cause of a old one. They are good for about 5 or 6 oil changes but when they start to look bad replace them. The sharp edge on the filter case is hard on the o-ring.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had it in my DRZ and the oil was horribly flaky with metal specs and the drain plugs had crap stuck to the magnet. Changed back to paper filter and hasn't experienced the same thing yet. SS filters are a no-go in my book.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paper filters it is, thanks for the info guys. I was looking at the micro-fiche on bikebandit but they didn't list the o-ring for the filter cover. Now I am armed with the needed info, thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts