SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
discuss what your plans are for your 690 SMC. just list what mods you have planned for it.

i have an FMF Factory 4.1 titanium slip-on and the black plastic skid plate from the enduro model on order. waiting for them to come off of backorder.

i also plan to do some reflective orange rim stripes to break up the wheels a little bit. i did it on my Kawi 636 and it looked killer.

i will be changing the tail over to the euro spec tail once the parts become available here in the U.S. will probably be changing all the signals at the same time. time will tell, once i get it all in my hands i'll figure that out. all depends on what exactly i end up doing with the rear.

i might do some of the KTM orange dress up pieces like the master cyl covers and the oil filter covers. we will see.

thats about all i have planned.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have been kicking the Idea of all black plastics...I use to work at a sign shop, and order some Black Carbon weave vinyl (Sticker) to dress up the KTM on the side. Skid plate is next on the list! I also want to get a front fork stand I will check out Cycle Gear tomorrow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Exhaust (FMF or AKRA), gearing change (going to try one down in the front), marchesini wheels. Probably a few nick nacks here and there, but those are the main 3 that i want to do for sure. Maybe a few suspension changes, I want to get some more miles on and see how things shake out. I thought about the black plastic also, but the orange is growing on me also. The bike looks way better in person than what I was expecting.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Suspension was went out to MX-Tech, getting preload adjustment/bleeders/revalved front and resprung shock.

Going to order a fmf pipe and PCiii when they are ready. K&N filter as well. Dyno time after that.

Waiting for Scotts Performance to come out with a steering dampener.

Taking off all the street items, the EPA crap, catch can install and safety wiring everything.

Changing the gearing (17/38).

Ordering the Enduro skid plate.

Ordered crash bungs and swingarm stand boobs.

Thinking about swapping the cam for a Duke III cam, but it seems to be the same.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm going to do probably all of the above, but my main concern now is cleaning up the bike so it looks better, than an exhaust (full system), steering damper, euro brake light, enduro black skid plate, axle sliders, I will also try the orange rim stripes to see if it gives it a unique look, I'm going to go -1 in the front gear, gel seat, orange hand guards, and nicer cleaner mirrors, want to powder coat the swing arm and the passenger pegs black, air filter, & hopefully power commander. If the exhaust full system I get still integrates the heat shields I will be buying them in black carbon fiber from a member here!

·
Registered
599 Posts
already have akra slip on and CF heat shields.

renazco reworked seat

going to save up for marchesini forge wheels (NOT the ones on duke, SMR)

sort out suspension.

possible steering damper depending on how bike feels.

black or CF body parts.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I already have a skid plate
I want:
some exhaust mostly for weight savings
some tail-tidy
still thinking of all black plastics but like with mcjasonb - the orange grew on me big time

·
Registered
335 Posts
Anyone have any HP numbers yet? I know it's tough to get this with no pciii or tuneboy or K&N ready. I saw a euro site that had 67 rwhp with a slip-on and remap. I'm not sure how accurate this is.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i've got the Akrapovic on order
have some swingarm sliders on order
other than that, probably just mount my GPS on the handlebars

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here's a few pics of the minor modifications I've made so far....

It's hard to do too much, as there isn't much available just yet.

I removed the big mickey mouse ear mirrors and installed some CRG Hindsight Lanesplits on the bar-ends. They're not cheap at $90 each, but I've used them on other bikes in the past and they rock. Very high quality.

Also in that pic of the mirror, you can see my Ram-Mount on the bars for my GPS.

I put on the Axle Sliders on the front & rear and put on the cool orange aluminum tire valve caps. :rolleyes:

Lastly there is a pic of my mod to clean up the rear tailpiece....I posted more pics and details in the other thread specifically regarding that subject.

JOHN

·
Registered
102 Posts
Um, cause I don't understand what they're for......lol

I always thought handguards were to block your hands from being hit by branches and brush when riding in tight spots on the dirt.

Since my bike will definitely not be seeing any of that action, I took them off. Plus, it's cleaner....which I like. I guess they might help keep my hands warm in the winter.....but I live in SoCal, so...........

Also, it would have been a major pain to install the CRG Mirrors with the handguards still in place.

JOHN

·
Registered
569 Posts
believe me, they not only block brush, the block rocks that fly up on the road and bust your knuckles...

1 - 20 of 107 Posts