SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Triples are on, new bearings pressed on after some swearing. And MX rear fender mocked up with tail light, have to make the bracket still.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got the shock all painted up and rebuilt. Dropped the spring off at the powder coater today to get a coat of Kawi green, i think it should look awesome!

Upper fork tubes got dropped off at the anodizer earlier this week, im hoping to have them back soon. Since the uppers will be black, im going to spray the fork carriers satin black to match the frame. My springs, rebuild kit (upper and lower bushings, oil seal and dust seal) from KYB, oil, racetech springs, fork bleeders and swingarm bearings showed up.

I mocked up the airbox, tail light, rear fender and threw the seat and bars on for fun (i'm anxious!) you can also see the lower fork tubes and carriers prepped for paint.

Still need to drill and tap the bolt i snapped off in the rear master. not looking forward to it.

Also need to find out where to get the larger bearing on the swingarm that attaches to the rear suspension linkage. I checked at the kawi dealer and they want $56 for it (get real..) and i cant seem to find it in any other bearing kit.

I'm hoping to have it as a rolling chassis within the next week and a half.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Pressed in the swingarm bearings today. Still waiting on the upper fork tubes and spring to come back from coloring. And I found a place to get my nitrogen in my shock recharged.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
cleaned up, scuffed down and painted my fork carriers today.

pic to show the fork cartridges still waiting for the upper tubes to get back. Cant wait to put the front end back together.

Also cleaned up a bit more parts today as well, the suspension knuckle and radiators among other parts.

Got my spring back from powder today, DAMN i'm impressed. this thing looks brand new!

It received a new seal head and fresh 5w oil along with 142lb of nitrogen.

Comments, Critiques, Suggestions?

·
Registered
113 Posts
lookin sick! I like the green and black colors they look sooo good together. Spring came out nice.

Try and easy out for that broken master bolt, sometimes they work good for those kinds of fixes.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Suggestion,

Come over to my house and strip and powder coat everything for me:thumbup:

Just foolin. Loving the bike man. Especially that green shock. Keep up the good work and the pics.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
lookin sick! I like the green and black colors they look sooo good together. Spring came out nice.

Try and easy out for that broken master bolt, sometimes they work good for those kinds of fixes.
Thanks! I will definitely try to easy out it before i totally drill and re tap. or i may just buy a working one off ebay for $25 and save myself the headache. haven't decided yet.

Suggestion,

Come over to my house and strip and powder coat everything for me:thumbup:

Just foolin. Loving the bike man. Especially that green shock. Keep up the good work and the pics.
Thanks! The shock turned out better than i expected it to look. I don't know how much of it you will really see when its pieced back together, but should be a nice accent piece regardless.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

threw the shock on, looks pretty awesome huh?

Still waiting on the upper fork tubes to come back from anodizing... (GRRRRR!!!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Right on man!

Looks awesome, keep it up :clap:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
heres two quick photoshops of how i am generally visualizing the bike.

What do you guys thinks? White fender or green fender?

21 - 40 of 92 Posts